New work bench!

ChrisRCovington

Reaction score
Hello all,

I hope everyone had a happy Christmas and New Year! So I got a new work bench for X-mas from my fiancée. I also got a small bandsaw from my parents. I, of course, got straight to work once everything calmed down from the holidays. I got some sides bent and got the blocks and solid lining in. I'm very happy so far. I'm using a neck that has been preshaped, I just cut the headstock design at this point. I'd rather focus on the body for the moment. I'm not tooled up to make necks yet but they will go on my to do list this year. Baby steps :)

Anyway here is a photo that shows a little bit of my bench and my first completed set of sides. I am using mahogany. I am now working on bracing and the top and back. This is all very exciting! What a rewarding experience. I fear I might get hooked on ukulele building.

work bench with sides on it.jpg

Looks like a great start to some rewarding work (can we call it work when it is fun?). Congratulations.

Looks good, Chris. Have at it! Building is the best way to learn how to build.

Thanks guys! I'm having a great time. I am very quickly learning from my mistakes. I have a feeling each build will get better and better :) Hopefully by the time I reach build number 1,000 I'll have some idea of what I'm doing ;)

Nice to see your workbench is almost as messy as mine. At least I think I have a workbench under that mess

Thank you! Sadly there is no garage on my property (very small Baltimore row home). The basement however is a good start. When I buy my next house I will look out for one with a workshop... I mean garage. :)

That's a nice start Chris. Be careful or pretty soon the cars, the bikes, the lawnmower and everything else will get moved out of the garage.
Happy building. :)

That's what has happened to half of my garage. My wife stubbornly insists on parking her car in the other half of my garage. Sheesh.

I've got a new workbench as well...only used outside at the moment..but when my new extension is built on the shed, I hope to use this to mount an anvil or something like that where heavy bashing is required on a job. :)
PICT0014-8.jpg

I've got a new workbench as well...only used outside at the moment..but when my new extension is built on the shed, I hope to use this to mount an anvil or something like that where heavy bashing is required on a job. :)
PICT0014-8.jpg

I like it. I have a set of stools that look like that. Rope handles on them to lug them around with.

This has happened to me :) looking for a shed for the bike, snowblower and lawn equipment.

That's a nice start Chris. Be careful or pretty soon the cars, the bikes, the lawnmower and everything else will get moved out of the garage.
Happy building. :)

Top Bottom