Hurt by Trent Reznor baritone uke cover.

I'm playing this tune on my baritone too, but I don't have your voice : amazing! And such a beautiful ukulele. What is its brand?

Great job , man! You nailed the Johnny Cash version dead-on. That was in my repertiore at one time, maybe I'll dust it off and try it on the baritone. You rock man!

Great version and what a wonderful hat!

I play this song all the time. I thought I knew how to play it until I watched this.:D Great singing too.

Super job, Brizzer! Your voice had a hint of Johny Cash in it and your baritone sounds great.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.
I did miss a chord on the last line of the second verse - I almost stopped singing but it was the first and only take and I find I rarely get it any better on subsequent takes so I just live with it.
The uke is bottom of the line, ply top Oscar Schmidt. And I'm really happy with it. It was about $130 including postage from the US. When I got it the frets were very sharp on one side of the neck but I just sanded them down. I am sure I couldn't have done better for twice the price.
I also like the most recent version Johny did of Rusty Cage.
I love the line, "I'm burning dinosaur bones". And that's Tom Petty playing bass.
Cheers, Briz.

WOW, just WOW!

Holy jumpin' catfish - nailed it!

Again, Thanks for these comments!
I don't want to belittle this great song but even Kermit does a version that I enjoy. You can search for it on YouTube.
Caution - the Kermit video contains adult themes (very Nine Inch Nails).

Last edited:
Again, Thanks for these comments!
I don't want to belittle this great song but even Kermit does a version that I enjoy. You can search for it on YouTube.
Caution - the Kermit video contains adult themes (very Nine Inch Nails).

That was a very unusual version. I had no previous knowledge of its existence.

one of my fave songs love NIN original and adore johnny cahs's version i am a massive cash fan, i played this rather poorly on my tenor about a year ago i think i need to learn it on my bari now, you did a amazing version it was awesome thanks for sharing with us :)

FAN TAS TIC! I love your version.

A wonderful version Brian. Very powerful stuff mate.

Top Bottom