Teddy bears picnic

ukuleledaveey

Reaction score
Hi all just thought i would share my latest entry for the ongoing seasons of the ukulele competition/challenge

this is a version of that childrens classic "Teddy bears picnic) it has 12 chords and about 108 chord changes in it, so gets your fingers working it is good to play as a exercise to improve (well thats what i tell myself lol)

here is a link to the latest season, check it out and join in all are welcome in the seasons :http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?74737-46th-Season-of-the-Ukulele-011137

Last edited:
I want to be at this picnic! I'll bring some treats!

A sweet song, and I'm glad it was a good workout for you.

Very cool, I love the song. When our kids were little we had a Fisher Price wind up thing that played that and used to wind it up and put it in their crib when they went to sleep. I was cleaning up the basement over the holidays and found it, it's seized up and I was trying to fix it for my grandchildren but now I have to learn this on my Ukulele instead.
Nice job !

Would you share the chords for that ?

Oops, found 'em.

Last edited:
I want to be at this picnic! I'll bring some treats!

A sweet song, and I'm glad it was a good workout for you.

many thanks Ginny for your continued encouragement and support,it is always greatly appreciated, if we have a picnic this time of year at least there will be no wasps :)

Very cool, I love the song. When our kids were little we had a Fisher Price wind up thing that played that and used to wind it up and put it in their crib when they went to sleep. I was cleaning up the basement over the holidays and found it, it's seized up and I was trying to fix it for my grandchildren but now I have to learn this on my Ukulele instead.
Nice job !

Would you share the chords for that ?

Oops, found 'em.

Mxyzptik thank you so much for your kind words, it is one of those magical tunes that if you close your eyes it transports you back, that is one of the many magical elements of great music, i certainly dream of being a child again,of course the wife will say i still am, good to see you found the chords, it is a great tune to get your fingers moving :)

Terrific work Davey and such a great song choice too. Please keep them coming mate and Happy New Year!

And a Happy new year to you Campbell, thank you so so much for all your continued encouragement and support over the last year mate it really does mean a lot. You do know you are held in high regard by many on this site,myself included, as you encourage so many of us, you area legend mate. So once again many thanks and it is a pleasure to converse with you on these threads, all the best mate.

Hi Daveey,
we're not familiar with this song (seems to be a childhood memory for a lot of you), but you mastered all these chord changes brilliantly. :) :)
many thanks guys really appreciate your kind words and continued encouragement

You know I really like this Daveey!!
many thanks Pabrizzer and thanks for hosting a super week

nicely done, Daveey..... yeah, that one moves right along, but it sounded great. Hadn't heard that one in years.....
Many thanks Bill good to see you on here mate, miss you in the seasons, many thanks for your continued support and encouragement, wishing your band all the best, keep me posted on how it goes

nicely done, remember song but not where it was from ?
many thanks mate, yeah i remember the really old sounding version i may have to do a wiki search on it and discover some of the background on the song.

thank you all for taking the time to view my tune, greatly appreciate it :)

Top Bottom