Red Aquila Low G Strings for Tenor Ukes

RedViolin

Reaction score
They had an interesting feel and sound.....until they broke. Anyone else had this issue?

My red aquila baritone strings broke but after 2 strings, they finally sent me a good one! Maybe it's just because I didn't rush the stretching process.

just put one on yesterday, and i rushed the stretching. i like the sound and feel. I seem to have heard they have been reformulated

Make sure you get the second version of these, MUCH less stretchy, and unlike the first version, they are more durable. I've had a 2nd Version on my tenor for ages and it's been good.

The second generation strings come with a date tag on them. My new inventory is dated 8-2012. Of the ones I have sold, people like the sound and the feel. I think I will ask Mimmo to make some blue #1 strings, o para oustedes otras verdi tambien.

I had 3 break this week and I had gotten the strings about 4 weeks ago. I contacted Aquila who wrote me today and said they are sending me out new strings on Monday. It appears I might have had some of the old formula. Mine broke in half, not even at the nut. I am hoping the new formula works well for testing.

Make sure you get the second version of these, MUCH less stretchy, and unlike the first version, they are more durable. I've had a 2nd Version on my tenor for ages and it's been good.

Are these the same as Kala Reds? I think I heard that Kala reds were now Aquila reds.
I enjoyed the kala reds that I had on three of my ukes (two dolphins and redcedar mainland) but I took off the mainland and one of the dolphins. I had one set break on me. But that was Kala reds.

When I bought my ukelele from HMS, I told them to set it up the the low red aquila g string so I have no idea if they are the old ones or the new ones (the picture is below). They had this paper like feel and they are not very powerful (unlike a wounded low g). Is that the new one or the old one?

Anyone with a link so I can buy the new red aquilas? I would love to try it on the c string too....that is if they both do no snap on me.

Are these the same as Kala Reds? I think I heard that Kala reds were now Aquila reds.
I enjoyed the kala reds that I had on three of my ukes (two dolphins and redcedar mainland) but I took off the mainland and one of the dolphins. I had one set break on me. But that was Kala reds.

Not sure, but I think they're the same.

Attachments

• IMG_3654.jpg
    IMG_3654.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3658.jpg
    IMG_3658.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Top Bottom