Ordered my first uke from HMS

jjdejd

Reaction score
Finally ordered my first uke. After talking with Andrew at HMS, I settled on a Pono MT-PC Mahogany Tenor Pro Classic w/ Worth clear strings tuned low to G. Now the wait is on !

Congratulations! I have that uke in the soprano size, I am sure you will be very happy with your tenor!

That's super news! I know you'll love it, and yes, the waiting is difficult.......

How long do you have to wait?

Not sure. I think a week, maybe.

Could be...but maybe not. When I've ordered from them I was expecting a week or more wait but I got the order in 3 or 4 days. Surprised the heck out of me...but I like those kinds of surprises. :)

John

What a small world!
I too, ordered a uke from HMS this week. Well, last sunday anyway.
It's my very first uke. I was drawn to the Ponos as well. Specifically, one of those that were marked down. An MS w/ a Micro Blemish...
This waiting is killing me... ;-(

You couldn't have chosen better people to buy from !! Plain and simple !!

Nice! I'm waiting for my first order from HMS too. The waiting is so difficult!

Big congrats to you! Happy strumming!

I envy you a little. You had money for a pro classic :) I bet it's really sweet. Make sure to post pictures when it comes.

Btw, i ordered my first uke (Pono ATC-C) from HMS too :) i picked ground shipping and it took around a week. I actually could have gotten im five days but Fedex does not work on New Years.

I was hoping to take delivery of a Kanilea K3 next week, but my Mom always said, "hope in one hand and s..t in the other and see which one fills up the quickest." Someone else won it. Yes, I am scarred.....:eek:ld:

Aloha Andrew..
all these UU guys keeping you busy enough?

see you soon
rdgs Len

Finally ordered my first uke. After talking with Andrew at HMS, I settled on a Pono MT-PC Mahogany Tenor Pro Classic w/ Worth clear strings tuned low to G. Now the wait is on !

What a small world!
I too, ordered a uke from HMS this week. Well, last sunday anyway.
It's my very first uke. I was drawn to the Ponos as well. Specifically, one of those that were marked down. An MS w/ a Micro Blemish...
This waiting is killing me... ;-(

You will not regret buying a quality uke as your first uke. Congrats to both of you!

I've ordered a couple of Ponos from them. They are fantastic and you won't be disappointed. HMS is the best!

I ordered mine on the 31st of December from HMS and it still says processing in the order. Not shipping or shipped. I tried calling them for the past couple of days but nobody has answered. :/

Congrats on your new Uke and getting it already. Hope it is all you need it to be!

@RobbeUke
Hey there, believe it or not, I'm in the same boat as you.
I ordered my Pono on the 31st, showing in processing but no answer/reply to email nor phone...
Not knowing anything is killing me...

I just got off the phone with Zach, and he said that it had been a hectic holiday season with orders and returns and such - he said he was sorry for the delay and updated the shipping information for me. He said they got my order all good to go today and will be putting it in the mail tomorrow. Check your email, because I got an update and tracking info from there.

I was drawn to the Ponos as well. Specifically, one of those that were marked down. An MS w/ a Micro Blemish...

I was looking at those as well. I decided to go with a Kala Lacewood since they've been discontinued and I really like the sound of the spruce. It looks great as well. I think, however that the Pono, in a soprano size, will be in my future. Soprano size, solid mahogany; everything I've researched leads me to believe that combination is second only to the soprano solid koa for the "classic" ukulele sound and design. I'm a little jealous but I know I'm going to dig the Kala and that Pono model isn't going away.

Last edited:
Top Bottom