PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my first uke from HMS

jjdejd
01-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Finally ordered my first uke. After talking with Andrew at HMS, I settled on a Pono MT-PC Mahogany Tenor Pro Classic w/ Worth clear strings tuned low to G. Now the wait is on !

BlueLatitude
01-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Congratulations! I have that uke in the soprano size, I am sure you will be very happy with your tenor!

kvehe
01-04-2013, 11:58 AM
That's super news! I know you'll love it, and yes, the waiting is difficult.......

Steedy
01-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Ponos are Suh-weet! :)

NewKid
01-04-2013, 12:39 PM
How long do you have to wait?

jjdejd
01-04-2013, 01:04 PM

Not sure. I think a week, maybe.

OldePhart
01-04-2013, 01:49 PM

Not sure. I think a week, maybe.

Could be...but maybe not. When I've ordered from them I was expecting a week or more wait but I got the order in 3 or 4 days. Surprised the heck out of me...but I like those kinds of surprises. :)

John

brutaldiver
01-04-2013, 04:42 PM
What a small world!
I too, ordered a uke from HMS this week. Well, last sunday anyway.
It's my very first uke. I was drawn to the Ponos as well. Specifically, one of those that were marked down. An MS w/ a Micro Blemish...
This waiting is killing me... ;-(

Subdude
01-04-2013, 05:22 PM
You couldn't have chosen better people to buy from !! Plain and simple !!

teruterubouzu
01-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Nice! I'm waiting for my first order from HMS too. The waiting is so difficult!

RedViolin
01-05-2013, 03:26 AM
Big congrats to you! Happy strumming!

I envy you a little. You had money for a pro classic :) I bet it's really sweet. Make sure to post pictures when it comes.

Btw, i ordered my first uke (Pono ATC-C) from HMS too :) i picked ground shipping and it took around a week. I actually could have gotten im five days but Fedex does not work on New Years.

PhilUSAFRet
01-05-2013, 06:39 AM
I was hoping to take delivery of a Kanilea K3 next week, but my Mom always said, "hope in one hand and s..t in the other and see which one fills up the quickest." Someone else won it. Yes, I am scarred.....:old:

hawaii 50
01-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Aloha Andrew..
all these UU guys keeping you busy enough?

see you soon
rdgs Len

Skinny Money McGee
01-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Finally ordered my first uke. After talking with Andrew at HMS, I settled on a Pono MT-PC Mahogany Tenor Pro Classic w/ Worth clear strings tuned low to G. Now the wait is on !

What a small world!
I too, ordered a uke from HMS this week. Well, last sunday anyway.
It's my very first uke. I was drawn to the Ponos as well. Specifically, one of those that were marked down. An MS w/ a Micro Blemish...
This waiting is killing me... ;-(

You will not regret buying a quality uke as your first uke. Congrats to both of you!

Trinimon
01-07-2013, 05:45 AM
Congrats. Nice choice... Sorry to warn you but it probably won't be your first uke and it most likely won't be your first at HMS too! haha! :)

Garydavkra
01-07-2013, 06:23 AM
I've ordered a couple of Ponos from them. They are fantastic and you won't be disappointed. HMS is the best!

RobbeUke
01-08-2013, 12:36 PM
I ordered mine on the 31st of December from HMS and it still says processing in the order. Not shipping or shipped. I tried calling them for the past couple of days but nobody has answered. :/

brutaldiver
01-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Congrats on your new Uke and getting it already. Hope it is all you need it to be!

@RobbeUke
Hey there, believe it or not, I'm in the same boat as you.
I ordered my Pono on the 31st, showing in processing but no answer/reply to email nor phone...
Not knowing anything is killing me...

RobbeUke
01-08-2013, 04:17 PM
I just got off the phone with Zach, and he said that it had been a hectic holiday season with orders and returns and such - he said he was sorry for the delay and updated the shipping information for me. He said they got my order all good to go today and will be putting it in the mail tomorrow. Check your email, because I got an update and tracking info from there.

optofonik
01-08-2013, 05:49 PM
I was drawn to the Ponos as well. Specifically, one of those that were marked down. An MS w/ a Micro Blemish...

I was looking at those as well. I decided to go with a Kala Lacewood since they've been discontinued and I really like the sound of the spruce. It looks great as well. I think, however that the Pono, in a soprano size, will be in my future. Soprano size, solid mahogany; everything I've researched leads me to believe that combination is second only to the soprano solid koa for the "classic" ukulele sound and design. I'm a little jealous but I know I'm going to dig the Kala and that Pono model isn't going away.

AndrewKuker
01-08-2013, 05:54 PM
aww crud, just took a break from this. brutaldriver- I am done up till the 3rd on all Pono's so that shouldn't be. Call me! I will be done up to the 6th on Hawaiians and Pono's by the end of the night. Why aren't you guys getting emails answered?? I don't understand.Every few hours I comb them because leaving you guys hanging is my worst nightmare. I don't know why. Call or email me direct. I have my phone on me and hardly even sleep. I can't be that hard to get in touch with, but obviously something is screwy with the emails. So sorry. I am gonna throw in extra string for these, we are so late...ok, breaks over. brutaldriver-call me I want to look up your order

optofonik
01-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Why aren't you guys getting emails answered?? I don't understand.

I don't know if this could be the issue but Microsoft is having some issues with Hotmail right now:

https://status.live.com/outageid/15036a61-976d-4485-a5f1-e3361ab7b611?mkt=en&partnerid=answers

brutaldiver
01-09-2013, 02:37 AM
Andrew. Thanks for the quick response & concern - I really do appreciate it!
I'll try to call this afternoon(or whatever time it is here when you all get in to the office! Lol).
if it helps any, the emails/questions i sent you all were via your website's "contact us" link....

Thanks again...

teruterubouzu
01-10-2013, 01:21 AM
Andrew. Thanks for the quick response & concern - I really do appreciate it!
I'll try to call this afternoon(or whatever time it is here when you all get in to the office! Lol).
if it helps any, the emails/questions i sent you all were via your website's "contact us" link....

Thanks again...

Andrew was super quick to reply to me when I used the email address that was included with my order confirmation. I wonder if something's up with their contact us form. I was really impressed with his responsiveness and friendliness. Mine shipped yesterday. Here's to getting your uke soon!

jjdejd
01-22-2013, 11:25 AM
My baby finally arrived. After playing this $10 uke my buddy got from Hawaii for two weeks, this beautiful instrument came today. I must say, there is a little difference between them. LOL I'm a happy camper !

hawaii 50
01-22-2013, 11:27 AM
My baby finally arrived. After playing this $10 uke my buddy got from Hawaii for two weeks, this beautiful instrument came today. I must say, there is a little difference between them. LOL I'm a happy camper !

Wow nice Pono..

Nickie
01-22-2013, 11:29 AM

Congratulations! That's a beauty, Pono, right?

jjdejd
01-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Congratulations! That's a beauty, Pono, right?

Yes. I'm really impressed with the quality.

teruterubouzu
01-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Congratulations!

jimmysworking
01-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Congratulations on the new uke.