Kamaka HF3 Tenor For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Dude

Reaction score
This is the first of a couple ukes I will be selling to make room in the collection for my new Dominator tenor.

This uke is serial number 073298, dated Dec. 5th 2007. I bought it new from Gryphon Strings in January 2008. It has been kept in a case with humidifiers when not in use.

The uke has no issues, other than the minor wear marks that come with a couple hundred hours of playing time.

It has very low action, and is currently tuned low g with savarez strings. I would be willing to change it to high g with Aquilas if someone wants me to.

It just doesn't get the playing time it used to, as I have moved on to a few higher end ukes.

I'll let it go for $850 + $25 shipping to the continental US. I would prefer paypal, but I'll consider other payment methods.

Here are a couple older videos of me playing it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaQyQ01X-_g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=075EoyzvlhM

Attachments

• Kamaka1.jpg
    Kamaka1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 478
  • Kamaka2.jpg
    Kamaka2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 430
  • Kamaka3.jpg
    Kamaka3.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 390
Aghhh! Where is $875 when you need it...I'm sure you're not going to have any problems selling the Kamaka. Wonderful price and even better sound!

What kind of finish? Can you elaborate on wear marks? Case included?

I think it's fair to say that all 3 of your questions can be answered by looking at the photos.

I think it's fair to say that all 3 of your questions can be answered by looking at the photos.

Haha take it easy Big..this is a newbie..don't scare them away
but that is a good one!

Not at all. I'd expect a Kamaka to have a glossy finish, but it looks matte in the pictures. "Wear marks" is a little vague, especially considering the cost. And in his post the seller did not say the case was included as is the norm.

Anyway, the questions were not directed at you.

Not at all. I'd expect a Kamaka to have a glossy finish, but it looks matte in the pictures. "Wear marks" is a little vague, especially considering the cost. And in his post the seller did not say the case was included as is the norm.

Anyway, the questions were not directed at you.

The standard Kamaka finish is what would be better called "semi-glossy". It's not a matte finish, but it's not a full gloss like what you'd see on a normal gloss-finished uke. So, that may be why it looked more matte than glossy in the pics.

Man, this is crazy: When i open your first youtube link playing "Tenderly", at same time this song begining in the intro of a TV movie in my television here in Brazil, almost at same time (the only diference is that in the TV the song was playing with a guitar). Man, this make me really interested in your kamaka. I'm felling this strings in my hands... Could you send to me in Brazil by USPS Express mail International????
OMG this feeling...:eek:

Seesar, it has the standard Kamaka Lacquer finish, which is something like semi-gloss. My photos aren't the best, which is making it look a little duller.

The wear marks are very minor. The kind of stuff that you won't really even see unless you catch it in the right light. And it does have quite a lot of playing time on it so there are a few strum marks around the fretboard. But you really have to look to even see it.

The case in the photos is included. It's the zip-up, semi hard case type.

Let me know if you have other questions

Fabioponta, I can't tell if you're being serious or not. If so, send me a PM and we can probably work something out. I don't know anything about international shipping, but if you're paying for it, I would be willing to look into it.

Thanks,
U.D.

Man, this is crazy: When i open your first youtube link playing "Tenderly", at same time this song begining in the intro of a TV movie in my television here in Brazil, almost at same time (the only diference is that in the TV the song was playing with a guitar). Man, this make me really interested in your kamaka. I'm felling this strings in my hands... Could you send to me in Brazil by USPS Express mail International????
OMG this feeling...:eek:

Dude,

I'm still considering. Another question: How would you describe the neck profile (front to back) on this uke, especially comparing it to those beautiful Kanileas and the Koolau I saw on your videos? This is kind of important to me.

By the way, you are an excellent musician. I particularly liked your rendition of "I Will". But you do a great job across all genres.

Thanks

Last edited:
He is serious!

Fabioponta, I can't tell if you're being serious or not. If so, send me a PM and we can probably work something out. I don't know anything about international shipping, but if you're paying for it, I would be willing to look into it.

Thanks,
U.D.

:bowdown:Fabio is legit, I recently sold him my Cowboy Fluke with no problems at all. Shipping USPS is not much hassle, just a little customs paperwork.

Fabioponta is a great guy to deal with. No problems at all.

Question

Thanks for the comment on my playing. The 'I Will' video is an arrangement by Tom Guy. I have a tab if you want it.

The neck on the Kamaka is round in the back (no flat spot). I tried comparing the size of it to my other ukes. My unscientific comparison looks like this: it's the same as the Ko'olau, slightly smaller than the Kanile'as and the largest is the Bluegrass Ukes cigar box. But the differences are small. Maybe a couple mm between the Kamaka and the cigar box.

Dude,

I'm still considering. Another question: How would you describe the neck profile (front to back) on this uke, especially comparing it to those beautiful Kanileas and the Koolau I saw on your videos? This is kind of important to me.

By the way, you are an excellent musician. I particularly liked your rendition of "I Will". But you do a great job across all genres.

Thanks

This uke is still for sale and I just received my new tenor, so I am dropping the price to $800 + shipping. That is about as low as I can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom