Okay Who's Your Favorite New Ukulele Player for 2013?

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'll go first...:eek:
Not because she has the same initials as me, but real talented:)
Sara Meisel for sure....

I'll go first...:eek:
Not because she has the same initials as me, but real talented:)
Sara Meisel for sure....

Hey Stan

i like Herb Ohta Jr..(he giving private lessons here in San Jose over the next couple weeks..)
Daniel Ho.. i like Bryan Tolentino..i saw Peter Moon Jr..(he had a Cedar or Spruce top on his Kamaka with a tinted color on it..) do you notice most of the younger(maybe not younger..but i old) locco players us a thumb pick.. i tried but to hard for me..i can not even play with my fingers Lol

Hey sorry Stan i did not see you are looking for the new uke players..how about Spamusubi from Japan

Last edited:
not sure of any new uke players Bruddah but I have a bunch of old favourites who just keep on getting better...including many members here :)

Ukulele Uff and Lonesome Dave

Not new, but Sungha Jung for me.

Again, not new, but she just released her first album. Lila Burns isn't a technical ukulele player like other folks mentioned in this thread, but she's a phenomenal songwriter with a compelling voice and a wonderfully quirky and original style.

Get her new record on Bandcamp here.

This is her YouTube channel.

Again, not new, but she just released her first album. Lila Burns isn't a technical ukulele player like other folks mentioned in this thread, but she's a phenomenal songwriter with a compelling voice and a wonderfully quirky and original style.

Get her new record on Bandcamp here.

This is her YouTube channel.
I like that she writes many of her own songs and music....too cool

I don't know yet, but for 2012, the only two I met so far that totally blew me away are Jake and Lil Rev...

Favourite New Ukulele Player 2012?

Me! ;)

Seriously though it's all new to me this last year. So many interesting and exciting talents to get to know and be inspired by!

I'm new so everyone is new to me. For pop music I quite like Sophie Madeleine, formerly of Rocky and Balls. I'm still on the hunt for someone who plays the 20s-style sound that first drew me to the ukulele.

I'm new so everyone is new to me. For pop music I quite like Sophie Madeleine, formerly of Rocky and Balls. I'm still on the hunt for someone who plays the 20s-style sound that first drew me to the ukulele.

You should check out Lil Rev. Tin Pan Alley man extraordinaire.
-joe

Top Bottom