2013 Goals

BIGDB

Reaction score
Hi anyone have any 2013 goals they have in mind like learn a new song learn to sing or anythinh?

I personally want to learn James hills ode to a frozen boot and Assam/like a bird

Well, I met my goal of going to a ukulele group this year. I reckon that counts, right? :) I also want to do more finger picking.

Dan

I'd like to finish the Rocking Dodar's album finally, now that Joey and I have the gear to get that done. :)

Yes do a recording that i am singing and playing all the parts using Uke, Bass, Cajon,& Cello.
My next challenge. Am now 5 days into attempting to figure out the cello.

Three goals for me:

1. Play more music with friends.

2. Play more music outside the house.

3. Participate in every Season of the Ukulele.

My musical goals for 2013 are to learn 20 songs from The Daily Ukulele, Leap Year Edition ... to learn them really well, with my eyes closed well. Also, I want to try more classical music, beyond my beginner versions of Brahms Lullaby, Fer Elise, and Four Seasons- Spring. And I want to attend a ukulele festival in Vancouver, BC, or anywhere on the west coast, or on the western half of the continent, or beyond, where I might get a chance to play lots of different ukes.

There! Now I've said it, now I have to do it. :)

Theory and working my way up the fretboard.

Since I started two days ago, I'm just working on memorizing my fiberboard.
My goal for the year is to play everything (songs, scales, chord progressions, strumming, etc.) as cleanly as possible.

I have a few goals, but they are all pretty basic.
- Learn to play all of the useful chords well and be able to switch between them easily.
- Strumming. It's like so much of my brain is focused on getting my fingers in the right places that I've lost all sense of rhythm.
- Work on my singing. I'll never be a good singer, but I can at least get competent enough not to completely embarrass myself (unless I bust out my favorite karaoke song - Pour Some Sugar On Me - then, some embarrassment, but much amusement on my part is required).
- Post at least one youtube video by the end of the year.

Theory and working my way up the fretboard.

^^ this definitely. Probably learn and memorize some uke standards as well.

Hi anyone have any 2013 goals they have in mind like learn a new song learn to sing or anythinh?

I personally want to learn James hills ode to a frozen boot and Assam/like a bird

If you learn Ode to a Frozen boot tab it or notate it, I'd love a copy of it :) But am too busy to figure it all out right now.

My goals:

Host a better Uke Group this year.
Teach more.
Learn more theory and composition.
Arrange several songs for multiple Ukes for my group.

1. Play more with friends. (Like Ralf)
2. Participate in Seasons of the Ukulele. (Also like Ralf) I just did my first one for Season 47.
And just to be somewhat different than Ralf:
3. Learn to pick and sing at the same time. I can strum and sing. I can pick (sort of). I can do simple picking patterns and sing, but I can't pick more complicated material and sing. My goal is Stairway to Heaven.

Oh and

4. Memorize some songs. I rely too heavily on looking at the music/chords/lyrics.

Last edited:
1. Improve strumming, improve fingerpicking
2. Learn to sing *ahem*
3. Write a few songs myself
4. Welcoming the only 2 ukes I'm getting in 2013
5. Finding a new owner for my Fender, the Pono's & Kala ukes
6. Enjoy & relax by just freewheeling on my ukes.
7. Posting my first YouTube video
8. Do something with my uke.rs domainname - ideas?

To expand my repertiore and to play out more!

I'd not really thought about it until I saw this thread but I am currently working on

Trying to get barre chords sorted. In particular Bb and Bm both of which are useful in some of the songs I sing.
Finger picking. I've downloaded a couple of vids on Travis Picking and am using those as a basis.

They should keep me out of mischief for a while.

Great thread!

1. To correctly learn the Formby triple stroke
2. To learn three new chords a week and stop thinking of chords in their guitar names :) (Yes I still think of a G7 on the uke as a D7 :-(
3. Learn a new song every week.

1) to watch pdxuke do the Formby triple stroke properly.

2) to teach fellow ukulele players that all ukes essentially sound the same to the human ear, and those that think they can tell the difference must have insomnia from the kettle drum foot sounds of mice in the floorboards.

3) to teach my favorite person in the entire world how to do laundry and vacuum my house.

Top Bottom