Most unorthodox fix

Oh, I dunno...

dylanburnmando3.jpg

When I was in a Pop band umpteen years ago....My Hofner bass guitar was knocked over on stage and the neck spline joint broke loose causing the action to be about 40mm high at the 12th fret :(..Impossible to play it like that.....So I got a wooden wedge that was used to hold open the concert room door when humping gear...I slacked off the strings jammed this wedge under the fretboard extension to hold the neck back in place retuned the strings and completed the rest of the Gig...I used it like this for the rest of the week..until I could get it fixed.:)

I'm the good looking one the far right.
hopingtowinarscorddeal-1.jpg

Last edited:
The frontman did quite well in his career..He became a stand up comedian and appeared on British Television several times ..and became an actor in various TV soaps and plays like "Coronation Street" "Emerdale" "All creatures great and small" and loads of other stuff..He wrote a book about his life and we all got together again on the "Book signing Day" he now goes under the monica of "Bobby Knutt".

Same Band members at the reunion 51 years later in 2010.:( (Life can be cruel sometimes)
PICT4585.jpg

Hey, Ken, is someone actually playing through that radio that is to your left? That's got all the bands! pun intended...

Hey, Ken, is someone actually playing through that radio that is to your left? That's got all the bands! pun intended...

That is the PA amplifier..Full 20 Watt's (slight mains hum distortion) output...Reslo ribbon mikes as well...on the floor you can just see the watkins copycat tape echo unit :) ...Whats this thread supposed to be about anyway:confused:

Top Bottom