Is there a cure for UAS

barrybush

Reaction score
Is there a cure for UAS?

For example: If I "say" I will quit buying ukes, how much time has to pass before I can "claim" I am cured? LOL

And can I be sure I won't relapse?

Some of you "wiser" players have pondered this I guess?

NONE!
just go with it..have fun..unless you have no more money..then you can try selling/trading them>> that will be a whole new world for you too Lol

Last edited:
I used to think that the only cure was running out of money, but then, as Hawaii 50 points out, you can start selling/trading. Even running out of storage space isn't a cure, because, again, sell/buy/trade. I think you know you're in really big trouble when you buy two of the exact same model (which I did once because after buying the first one and liking it, I found one with a much more striking grain). And yes, I should definitely sell the first one. And I will. Some day.

...and just so we're all clear on this, having a Dolphin in every color does not count as a problem...

Last edited:
It's been a few months for me since I bought my last uke. I did well by not buying a uke when I was on vacation in Hawaii last month but I did inquire about a custom when I visited Kanile'a and Ko'olau. I'm very content with what I have but I never know when I'll have a relapse. The problem with me is that I could never part with any of my ukes. It was very hard for me to give away my first uke but I made it better by immediately replacing it with another one :)

There is a cure....It is very very hard to come by....It's called Moore Bettah!

Why would anyone want a cure?

Of course there is....being broke.... but it's alot cheaper than some other hobbies.. ha ha You know you are bad when, You gotta start buying a bigger home...that's when you've got a problem
and that leads to HAS ha ha House Aquistion Syndrome.....

When you get a custom, made to your exact specifications, you no longer want (or need) another instrument, in my experience. My Mya-Moe is the be-all-end-all uke for me. It also helps that it's one of the best-sounding instruments I've ever heard.

The folks at UAS Anonymous would say there's never a cure, and that the idea is to just get through this one day without buying an ukulele.

Last edited:
(snip)

...and just so we're all clear on this, having a Dolphin in every color does not count as a problem...

I'm gonna quote you on that whenever anyone says anything to me about that. I have a pearl white, green burst, pink burst, and metallic blue...so far. :p

CountryMouse, who is about to receive her 21st and 22d ukes (they're on the way!)

Take one day at a time, work the 12 steps, and give away all your money...

Obviously, you're asking the wrong people here. But then, you already knew that. There are worse addictions I'm sure, so give yourself permission to buy just one more.

Top Bottom