My 1st build

ChrisRCovington

Reaction score
Hello all,

So here is my first build thus far. Please let me know what you think. I am using a pre-shaped neck (all I needed to do was cut the headstock shape. I went with a three point, classic). Next up is making the bridge and fretboard.
my 1st build 1.jpgmy 1st build 2.jpgmy 1st build 3.jpg

Best regards,
Chris

Pretty exciting, isn't it?

Have you got any pictures of the insides before it was closed up?

Nice Chris :)

Thanks everybody! This is a blast so far. Eric the mahogany is very nice! It is a treat to work with, too. I'll post more photos as I complete the various stages. Sadly I did not take any photos of the inside before I closed it up. I'll try to remember to do that next time!

Best regards,
Chris

I have a personal love of the size so that's what I plan on making :)

The kind to make is the kind you like.

That's a paraphrase of a TV chef who used to say the same about what kind of wine to serve.

You come across as excited about the process. Good thing that.

Latest progress. I've attached the neck. The joint was super flush and I think I could have just glued it on and it would have held, but I didn't. I used a dowel to make sure it stayed in place. Everything so far has been done with hide glue. I love the stuff. Easy to clean up and no where near as difficult to work with as people seem to think. You have to work quickly yes but if you do your prep work it isn't bad at all. I think I am going to do almost everything I can with hhg. The neck was a preshaped one. All I did was cut the headstock shape. My first several builds will use these necks (from Mainland if you are wondering) until I can get tooled up to make them myself the way I want to. So far still loving it. I'll be working on the bridge and fretboard next. I need some tools and supplies for this stage. I'm also working on my 2nd set of sides. Have them bent up.

neck on 2.jpgneck on 1.jpg

Looks like good progress, Chris.

This thread makes me want to build more, so cheers for that.

Top Bottom