Song Help Request Dave Matthews...HELP!!

Gomets51

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out Crash and American Baby by Dave Matthews Band and have had no luck.

I guess you all are having as much trouble as I am, haha

I have been requesting some DMB for the uke for a long time. We can only hope that some day, Aldrine will use DMB for his lesson of the month..:eek:

I know the chords, I'm just looking for the intro parts.

I know the chords, I'm just looking for the intro parts.

Nah, I don't think people are having problems, its just that no one has tabs or feels like tabbing it out.

I don't really remember how "American Baby" goes. I just remember it wasn't my favorite DMB.

The "Crash" intro is not that hard to adapt to ukulele, but you kind of need low strings to get the full effect of the intro. So assuming you have low G here is the intro:

Code:
A-----7(*)-----7---7---7---7---7---7---7----|
E-----7(*)-----7---7---7---7---7---7---7----|
C--------------------4^--------------4------|
G---6--------2---4-------1---2---4----------|

*after picking the "bass" note you do the strumming pattern on those two strings. The easiest way is to flick the strings with your index finger. You need to listen to the recording to get the rhythm.

^Also you have to substitute the E on the 3rd string (C string) because the ukulele doesn't have a low E to play.

I finger it with my pinky barring bottom two strings (A and E) @ the 7th fret and use my other fingers to hold the other notes. Some of the stretches are harder than others, but they're all doable. I promise.

There ya go.

Nah, I don't think people are having problems, its just that no one has tabs or feels like tabbing it out.

I don't really remember how "American Baby" goes. I just remember it wasn't my favorite DMB.

The "Crash" intro is not that hard to adapt to ukulele, but you kind of need low strings to get the full effect of the intro. So assuming you have low G here is the intro:

Code:
A-----7(*)-----7---7---7---7---7---7---7----|
E-----7(*)-----7---7---7---7---7---7---7----|
C--------------------4^--------------4------|
G---6--------2---4-------1---2---4----------|

*after picking the "bass" note you do the strumming pattern on those two strings. The easiest way is to flick the strings with your index finger. You need to listen to the recording to get the rhythm.

^Also you have to substitute the E on the 3rd string (C string) because the ukulele doesn't have a low E to play.

I finger it with my pinky barring bottom two strings (A and E) @ the 7th fret and use my other fingers to hold the other notes. Some of the stretches are harder than others, but they're all doable. I promise.

There ya go.

Hey...any way you can make a quick video so we can see how it sounds "ukestyle"??

Cool, thanks guys.

When it sounds good enough to be put out in public I'll make a video

I have been requesting some DMB for the uke for a long time. We can only hope that some day, Aldrine will use DMB for his lesson of the month..:eek:

Celebrate we will! Cuz life is short but sweet not to play dave on the ukulele!

I noticed you mentioned you don't have the tabs to American baby. after messing around a bit, i found the intro. just pick this pattern and hopefully it sound correct to you

a-2----2-----2------5---5--4--2--0-----2--------]
e---------------------------------------------------]
c---------------------------------------------------]
g---0----0------0------------ ------0-------------]

Last edited:
Top Bottom