Kala to introduce soprano and concert banjoleles at Winter NAMM

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I received an email today from Kala announcing that it would be introducing banjoleles in soprano and concert scales at Winter NAMM 2013 in a few weeks. Here's a link to an online version of that email message.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=ra7pmmjab&v=001zsj4A0_3E1FPRz7q-7mPk070n0ROGUl7JXVN8Ef8UC3U6H0KP_kZAull1KZwnTVpCWXqr62UekO046ODkRskRHk2Xs-cXlhKCOp3WsaIUSr9C5iLiLI6p2t3mwOf64d0cDgv5qgmv3qtmxeEBmAsgCZj4HVnwJ95

I'm still waiting for Flea Market Music, or even Kala, to make an affordable banjolele in a tenor scale.

In one of the other new offerings...they will have a tenor resonator.
Morgan-Monroe makes a tenor scale 5 string banjo called a Travel banjo. Gold Tone's is a concert size. Others have just taken off the 5th string to play it as a tenor scale banjo.

Thanks for the link.....didn't know about entering to win a Kala UBass

Looks like the street prices for these are going to be:

$239 for the Soprano
$299 for the Concert

They said it's not 100% finalized yet, but it should give you an idea.

What do you suppose would be the best way to convince Kala (or, for that matter, Flea Market Music) to start making their banjo ukuleles in tenor scale?

What do you suppose would be the best way to convince Kala (or, for that matter, Flea Market Music) to start making their banjo ukuleles in tenor scale?

Not sure. Have you ever played a tenor scale banjo uke? They're nice, but the concert length really seems to be where banjo ukes shine. The tenor size just seems to be lacking something in their sound. Probably why most don't offer that scale.

Thanks for the update - I looked in yesterday hoping to see something.

$300.00 - ouch. Was hoping for closer to $200.00. Can't wait to see them and start hearing reviews.

Looks like the street prices for these are going to be:

$239 for the Soprano
$299 for the Concert

They said it's not 100% finalized yet, but it should give you an idea.

Thanks for the update - I looked in yesterday hoping to see something.

$300.00 - ouch. Was hoping for closer to $200.00. Can't wait to see them and start hearing reviews.

I was told we are one of the first stores to order them so will be one of the first to get them. I'll post some clips and a review when we get them.

We're hoping to get a video setup going at our store this year, so I'll be able to start posting videos of this stuff :)

They look nice. I wish they had used friction tuners on the soprano, though!

The Kala announcement could explain why the local music shop dropped their price on the Recording King banjolele I picked up today. Doh! Regardless, I'm very happy with it.

Top Bottom