What's the next great affordable uke??

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I've been playing uke for about a year and a half now and when I first started, all I heard was Mainland or Pono. Later on, Islander by Kanilea was hot and a couple of months ago, the Koalana was the next great affordable uke. Since NAMM is just around the corner, I wonder what will be the next one?

Affordable meaning $200 - $400.

Maybe the rumored Pepe Romero designed Cordoba will be next.

Brüko. Lovely.

+1 on that

I am hoping KoAlana will come out with a mahogany tenor.

Don't want to rain on your parade, but I have it on very good authority that's not going to happen.

I heard a rumor that Makala are bringing out a cheap Baritone called "The Whale"

I heard a rumor that Makala are bringing out a cheap Baritone called "The Whale"

rimshot.gif

Well played sir... well played. :)

I would actually buy one of these, provided it had a whale bridge. Think of it, white whale, blue whale, black whale, the perfect beach Bari.

I would actually buy one of these, provided it had a whale bridge. Think of it, white whale, blue whale, black whale, the perfect beach Bari.

Speaking of protest ukes, that's the one you take with you when you join Sea Shepherd.

Has anyone heard any of the new KPK mahogany 'ukes? The soprano just came out a couple weeks ago but the concert and tenor have been out a few months. They are certainly affordable.

Really looking forward to the scuttlebutt from NAMM!

If inclined read my review of the KPK mahogany soprano on the website. It is a wonderful instrument with a warm, clear sound.

Top Bottom