"Shakin' The Blues Away"

H

Hippie Dribble

1927. Irving Berlin.

A fantastic feelgood toe-tapper I learned from a Ukulele Ike record of the same name. The first time I heard Cliff Edwards sing this I pressed the repeat button for two hours and smiled for days afterwards; the melody got totally stuck in my head. Anyway, finally got round to taking a run at it this morning and thought it was a sweet way to kick off the new year. Hope you enjoy it folks. will have the lyrics and chords up on the ol' website in the next day or two. Blessings all and thanks for having a listen. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfjEt8HRpCI

Well done! Ike would be tappin his toes.

Right up your alley, Jon—a treat on a gray day.

Irving Berlin wrote another song about everything working out well: Blue Skies. The difference with that one is it's packed with minor chords to mix you up between bluebirds and blue feelings.

Top job Eugene, absolutely loved the personal touches you gave this one.
thanks brother, this one was a lot of fun to do
oh my goodness, yes..... very, very fine, Jon..... what a great way to start the day.....
he he...cheers Bill, hope that Earl Grey is going down smoothly for you
:nana: Great fun song! No chance for the blues here!
Hope to find this song on your homepage soon! Just watched your songlist there, very inspiring! Thanks!
thanks for watching you guys, yeah I have a fair few to put up at the moment, the website needs to be updated and I'll do it this weekend, as well as some more songsheets
Right up your alley, Jon—a treat on a gray day.

Irving Berlin wrote another song about everything working out well: Blue Skies. The difference with that one is it's packed with minor chords to mix you up between bluebirds and blue feelings.
nicely put Ginny, thanks so much for your lovely comment. irving Berlin was an amazing writer wasn't he
Jon I've come to the conclusion that your the reincarnation of Cliff Edward. Liked that one very much! What ol website do you mean?
brother Leroy that is such a wonderful thing to write. That means a lot mate, thankyou.

The website is one I just got up and going a month or so back. There is a link in my signature bro:

http://www.eugenesold-timeukulele.com/

Hey Gang, I get a new nickname for Eugene....Gentleman Jon
Great as ever....smoking them strings eh....thanks for sharing....loved it

Hey Gang, I get a new nickname for Eugene....Gentleman Jon
Great as ever....smoking them strings eh....thanks for sharing....loved it

cheers for watching and the lovely comment Stan :)

Nice one, Jon. Definitely a song to dispell the blues.

Must look up Cliff Edwards some day.

Nice one, Jon. Definitely a song to dispell the blues.

Must look up Cliff Edwards some day.
cheers for watching Geoff, much appreciated mate. Yep, the day you look up Cliff Edwards will be a fondly remembered one I'm predicting :)

Another well done video! You have opened up a whole new genre of music to me. Thanks Jon!

i love cliff edwards, and i love you doing him...are you open for requests? great song brother!
thanks dave, sure mate, anytime! Just did another one last night that I'll put up soon...
Another well done video! You have opened up a whole new genre of music to me. Thanks Jon!
Many thanks brother! Glad you like this style of music, the songwriting of that era was real quality, eh

Top Bottom