Blackbird..

AndrewKuker

Reaction score
..singing in the dead of night?
No, talkin' bout the SF made carbon fiber ukes! Even though (IMHO) there are sweeter tones for 1200 bucks I am still fairly sure I will get one for myself sometime later this year. Why?

Most of you are like me and don't need another uke..But I am always unsure what to take when traveling or going to the beach. So I usually take nothing. The Blackbird is no beater, it has good tone..and it boldly goes where no wood can. Leave it in the trunk, stick it in the sand, travel the world...
So obviously you need one..But don't buy yet! Giving one away Feb1. Anyone shopping at TheUkuleleSite in the month of January will be eligible. Doesn't matter what...each purchase in an entry to win!

Seems like blatant advertising but it's totally not! I just want someone in our UU family to win it...ya know, cause you guys are the coolest.

blackbird_tenor_1_copy.jpg

I'm more of a traditional type, and not into all the weird materials for ukes.. But, even that said, this is pretty cool..

I've played a Blackbird.

It is actually a very nice uke, feels good, sounds good.

Andrew, is this one solely acoustic, or with the pickup?

-Kurt​

I am in love with how this ukulele looks and the sound is awesome too. Now I'm glad I waited until January 1 to place my order for my beginner uke from HMS. Maybe I will luck out and win this gorgeous creature!

Last edited:
Aloha Andrew,
Happy New Year bruddah....I tried one in your shop...and I was always intrigued after I saw Ledwood Play one on a video from a fan in the crowd...
Woo Hoo a drawing...that is so generous and cool of you.....wish I had a way down there...

I'm always curious about how this uke sounds like.....I just don't know how the resonnance is compare to a wood uke....
But for the fact that you can play it anywhere...it's nice!

I also got to play a Blackbird Tenor, probably the same one being given away, at HMS last month and thought it sounded pretty nice. Great tone. Probably not as good as a high-end K brand uke but pretty close. Close enough that I almost bought it. I was expecting it to sound dead and muted but was pleasantly surprised that it didn't. It was very light and well made. Felt good in my hands. I don't need another uke (keep it down UAS), but I could always use another set of strings ;)

When I look at these ukes, I wonder why they went to all the trouble of making it and going with that strange look. I personally don't like the look and my experience has been it that if folks don't like the look they won't buy it regardless of the sound.

If I could build a carbon fiber uke to bring to the market place, it would look just like a Martin O. Just my opinion.

I am still fairly sure I will get one for myself sometime later this year.

Dude! Surely if you just take a Uke off the wall and say

3r7kyp.jpg

it's yours ;)

Aloha Andrew,
Happy New Year bruddah....I tried one in your shop...and I was always intrigued after I saw Ledwood Play one on a video from a fan in the crowd...
Woo Hoo a drawing...that is so generous and cool of you.....wish I had a way down there...

I give you a ride once i back on Oahu..my Mustang might be too bumpy>> but i going get a family sedan as soon as i can..

I'm not in love with the looks, but when it's winter, and you want a good tone, and indoors it's going to be like 20% humidity max, no matter what you do to combat it, a uke like this is very appealing. I haven't bought a uke in over a year, and this one does get rotated on the Next Uke UAS cycle. :)

..singing in the dead of night?
No, talkin' bout the SF made carbon fiber ukes! Even though (IMHO) there are sweeter tones for 1200 bucks I am still fairly sure I will get one for myself sometime later this year. Why?

Most of you are like me and don't need another uke..But I am always unsure what to take when traveling or going to the beach. So I usually take nothing. The Blackbird is no beater, it has good tone..and it boldly goes where no wood can. Leave it in the trunk, stick it in the sand, travel the world...
So obviously you need one..But don't buy yet! Giving one away Feb1. Anyone shopping at TheUkuleleSite in the month of January will be eligible. Doesn't matter what...each purchase in an entry to win!

Seems like blatant advertising but it's totally not! I just want someone in our UU family to win it...ya know, cause you guys are the coolest.

blackbird_tenor_1_copy.jpg

When is the KTM-00 with the bowtie or non laser etched bridge coming in?

Andrew, make a list of all the naysayers and disqualify them from the FREE Giveaway. I would personally dig owning that uke.

Dude! Surely if you just take a Uke off the wall and say

3r7kyp.jpg

it's yours ;)

hehe, true..but mine as well leave it there because I have no time. Feel guilty even sitting right now, how could I while people pace back and forth waiting for their new uke to love.
-as a side note I am definitely giving your whale baritone idea to Kala, for all the dolphin lovers to relax with:) maybe they'll give you the first one for starting the rumor!
ahh the guilt gotta go work

It looks a little strange, but who doesn't like a little strange now and then? :)

Sounds good in the video.

Top Bottom