What Would You Do?

Kyle23

Reaction score
I just got my Luna Concert Uke in the mail today and I ordered the regular version for about $99 with the gig bag and tuner. I opened it up and it's the version with the preamp. That one retails for about $20 more, but I kind of like the classic look without it. Does it sound the same as the regular version while playing them both acoustic? I'm not sure what I should do regarding sending it back. I mean I already waited a week for this to come, I don't want to save to send it back and wait another 2 weeks to get the other one. What would you do in my situation? And not to mention, I ordered the wave and sharks teeth one and I got the lizard one. They really messed up.

Last edited:
I just got my Luna Concert Uke in the mail today and I ordered the regular version for about $99 with the gig bag and tuner. I opened it up and it's the version with the preamp. That one retails for about $20 more, but I kind of like the classic look without it. Does it sound the same as the regular version while playing them both acoustic? I'm not sure what I should do regarding sending it back. I mean I already waited a week for this to come, I don't want to save to send it back and wait another 2 weeks to get the other one. What would you do in my situation? And not to mention, I ordered the wave and sharks teeth one and I got the lizard one. They really messed up.

If you want the one you ordered contact the vendor and they should make a return mailing label available to you. Don't spend a penny of your own money returning it. For the cost they will incur with the mailing/remailing they might be content with your keeping the instrument due to the small difference in cost. Either way it is a hassel and disapointment due to their error.

If you want the one you ordered contact the vendor and they should make a return mailing label available to you. Don't spend a penny of your own money returning it. For the cost they will incur with the mailing/remailing they might be content with your keeping the instrument due to the small difference in cost. Either way it is a hassel and disapointment due to their error.

It really is a hassle. I've contacted the seller and he said I could either keep it or return it. The thing is I can't wait to play. This was the uke I was going to buy (the design) but the other was cheaper and came with a tuner. The only thing is the preamp. But I tuned it up and it sounds great and I'm already attached to it. This is honestly the first "real" ukulele I've held and I don't think I could send it back. I think I'm going to keep it. BTW he linked me to the auction of the one he sent and it's selling for $140. So I guess I made out pretty well.

bank_error_in_your_favor.jpg

Woohoo! you win!

If I was in your situation, I'd make it as simple as possible. First decide if you want it. If there is a difference in sound with the electronics as opposed to without, it will be so tiny you most probably couldn't hear it. So, the question is this - Do you like it? If you believe you'd be happier with a replacement (remembering you might not like the sound of another one any better), contact the seller and get it replaced. If you can't live with the look of the electronics send it back for sure. It will unquestionably be worth the wait. Otherwise, contact them and inform them of their mistake, but tell them you'll keep it.

It really is a hassle. I've contacted the seller and he said I could either keep it or return it. The thing is I can't wait to play. This was the uke I was going to buy (the design) but the other was cheaper and came with a tuner. The only thing is the preamp. But I tuned it up and it sounds great and I'm already attached to it. This is honestly the first "real" ukulele I've held and I don't think I could send it back. I think I'm going to keep it. BTW he linked me to the auction of the one he sent and it's selling for $140. So I guess I made out pretty well.

You did make out well. Now, go get a Snark tuner, and be happy!.

-Kurt​

If I was in your situation, I'd make it as simple as possible. First decide if you want it. If there is a difference in sound with the electronics as opposed to without, it will be so tiny you most probably couldn't hear it. So, the question is this - Do you like it? If you believe you'd be happier with a replacement (remembering you might not like the sound of another one any better), contact the seller and get it replaced. If you can't live with the look of the electronics send it back for sure. It will unquestionably be worth the wait. Otherwise, contact them and inform them of their mistake, but tell them you'll keep it.

I'm torn, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep it. Before I bought the one I initially ordered I had it down to 2 options. The wave and shark teeth vs the lizard design. I went with the waves one because it came with a tuner and gig bag. The other just came with the bag so I went with the waves. I'm pretty happy with it. I'm used to mix ups, it happens more than it should to me, so it's only right that it happens with this. I think it was meant to happen for some weird reason.

If that's the one you were leaning toward to begin with and you're happy with the sound, it WAS meant to be. And as stevepetergal said, you might not like the sound of the other one any better once you got it.

A tuner is only a few dollars plus you have a uke design you like. :D

P.S. It IS a pretty design! I'd keep it.

Luke, it is your destiny.

Looks great to me and it's there. Besides, this will give you a reason to by another uke. "But Dear, it wasn't the one I ordered"

Luke, it is your destiny.

Looks great to me and it's there. Besides, this will give you a reason to by another uke. "But Dear, it wasn't the one I ordered"

Hahaha good point. Jumping into the ukulele scene with a splash it looks like.

I'd keep it and throw $20 bucks in the plate at church for the good karma.

I would keep it, and be glad they messed up. The seller is aware of the error so you aren't doing anything wrong. I think you lucked out getting the one with the pickup for what you paid.

If you like the lizard pattern, you should keep it! It seems like it was meant to be.

Thanks guys. I was a little frustrated at first because it wasn't what I expected, but I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

Very nice~ Congrats!

Haha sure is. I have a beginner question though. I have this 3 chord progression down pretty well, but when I take my fingers off the strings to move to the next chord, it makes a loud noise. It's like I'm playing an open string. How do I not do this?

I ran into a similiar situation many years ago...It was like you and I thought about doing the right thing because is was so little money, but afterwards I always wondered if
I got somebody in trouble for making a big mistake....

I ran into a similiar situation many years ago...It was like you and I thought about doing the right thing because is was so little money, but afterwards I always wondered if
I got somebody in trouble for making a big mistake....

He seemed more than happy to let me keep it haha.

Top Bottom