Ukulele Underground Northern California Meet Up/Jam in SF? Anyone interested?

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
UPDATE: Ukulele Underground Northern California Meet Up/Jam in SF - MARCH 23, 2013

Hi All,

I am hosting a Ukulele Underground Meet for N. California (or anyone from UU regardless of where they are from) for anyone who wants to come meet all the great folks who hang out on the Underground. It's for any UU member.

I plan on bringing my acoustic amp, and I believe one of my friends is also going to bring his amp. I'll have a few mics, and my camera set up with my H4N to hopefully get a decent recording of a group jam to show everyone the great time we had. No guarantee on anything electronic working ;-) You know Murphy's law.

I'll have donuts in the am and coffee and there are a few places across the street that have Pizza, Wings, Salads and a place a block away that does some cool sandwiches if people want to take a break and go get something to eat.

DATE:
SATURDAY MARCH 23RD, 2013. 10AM TO 5PM
1095 FOLSOM STREET (corner of 7th and Folsom). SAN FRANCISCO CA. PLEASE RSVP VIA PM TO ME SO I HAVE SOME IDEA OF HOW MANY TABLES AND CHAIRS TO SET UP.

I have no clue what it's going to be like as I am just inviting anyone on the UU to come for a day of meeting each other and doing some jamming. I'll have a bunch of tables and chairs to sit around.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Wow what a great offer.

I'm in.

Thank you Jay. Can't wait to meet more UUer's.

I'd be interested. Thanks, Jay!

OK, I may be going way out on a slim limb on this one.

I do have a cousin in SF and a Niece as well. And it's time for a visit... yes?

But I live in Seattle!

Anyway, please let us all know what the date(s) are so we can ruminate over the possibilities :)

keep uke'in',

Thanks, let me know the date..if i am still around i might be able to showup..it would be great if we can have many of the local builders in the area to show up too! but just wishing... thxs

Last edited:
I will definitely do that. I am thinking March as it could be quite rainy in February. I will definitely post the date soon. Looks like we might have a great turn out and that would be very cool!

OK, I may be going way out on a slim limb on this one.

I do have a cousin in SF and a Niece as well. And it's time for a visit... yes?

But I live in Seattle!

Anyway, please let us all know what the date(s) are so we can ruminate over the possibilities :)

keep uke'in',

I will. I am going to contact Peter Hurney and Rick Turner to come as well since they will have built two of my ukes. I also know another builder who I am hoping can come.
Thanks, let me know the date..if i am still around i might be able to showup..it would be great if we can have many of the local builders in the area to show up too! but just wishing... thxs

Great idea! I'll sure try to make it.

As for recording something, are you wanting some suggestions?

I will. I am going to contact Peter Hurney and Rick Turner to come as well since they will have built two of my ukes. I also know another builder who I am hoping can come.

Hey Blue don't forget Toni at Anakoneke Ukuleles..she lives in the City..

All right, my buddy is coming! You better be here at the house tomorrow night to see my new ukulele, I know SURPRISE! I also picked up an FX12 mixing board, it was about time rather than mics and cables running all over the living room. I couldn't help myself. You'll see ;-)

Cheers!

I'm definitely in.

I was thinking about just having a camera going and recording whatever we ended up jamming to but having a piece picked out for everyone to know might be cool to get a group jam of the same song. I'm open to anything, just having fun and making new friends.

Great idea! I'll sure try to make it.

As for recording something, are you wanting some suggestions?

Hi All, so we will be doing this in March for sure, I am working on figuring out which Saturday and will post that shortly.
I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers,

Hey Jay.. won't be coming from Texas, but you do need to change your sig line.. you've got a KoAloha Thin Body Tenor that needs some love! Bob

I live in the city, but I'm a stay at home dad. if I can get the wife to fill in for me that day im there!

Top Bottom