Jake Shimabukuro Japan CD's?

PedalFreak

Reaction score
Anyone know why they don't release some of Jake's CD's here in the US? I've bought a couple of them, but getting tired of it. $45+ for a CD, that's ridiculous. Would really like to get his "Aloha to You" & "Disney Uke" CD's, but $100 for 2 CD's just can't get myself to do that anymore.

Anyone have a line on those CD's, or if you make a trip to Japan let me know if they are cheaper to bring back :)

He sells some thru his website, but not the one's you mentioned. No idea, maybe copyright stuff?

Yeah, not all of them. Even the one's on his North America website, the prices don't make sense. I've got one, Recorded in Hawaii, printed and pressed in the USA. Price $45, just because it's a "Japan Only" release, and it shipped from the US.

Disney Japan sells the one, so I don't think Disney will have issues with their own copyrights :)

You've probably checked, but are they cheaper on any of the sites that specialize in music from Asia? I've bought CDs from YesAsia and CD Japan and they were about $10 cheaper than buying as an import from a US-based music store.

Can get them for about $35 each on YesAsia. Thanks for the tip. That's the cheapest I've seen imports for, plus free shipping.

Hurrah! When you get the Disney CD will you post a review? Disney + ukulele sounds wonderful.

Top Bottom