So, the Owl lives here now.

TCK

Reaction score
I know I promised to only post videos in this section and the seasons if I was proud of them. While not particularly proud of this video for it's musicianship and finesse (read panache and grab your white feathered hat)...I AM SO STOKED I GOT THE OWL IT AIN'T EVEN FUNNY.
So leave me a note...share in the joy, watch my silly ramblings and think to yourself "well, if that guy can do it...."
Cheers

Last edited:
Glad you got the owl.

Enjoyed the song too,

HOOOOT!!!! HOOOOOOOOT!!!!!! Great stuff brother. The owl is finally home.

:cheers:

I know I promised to only post videos in this section and the seasons if I was proud of them. While not particularly proud of this video for it's musicianship and finesse (read panache and grab your white feathered hat)...I AM SO STOKED I GOT THE OWL IT AIN'T EVEN FUNNY.
So leave me a note...share in the joy, watch my silly ramblings and think to yourself "well, if that guy can do it...." Cheers

Yippee, Dave! You and that bird are made for each other. I loved the song and the sound of that uke.
Have a beer to celebrate the match, and give the Owl a mouse.

even better the second time..... I got that first Paul Simon album at a yard sale when I was a kid just because I liked the picture of the guy in a parka...... figured out what a great record it was when I was about 13 or 14..... it's on my list of 10 'desert island' albums - not a bad song to be found on it..... and has an instrumental featuring Stephane Grappelli - how could that be a bad thing?

Last edited:
Thanks for watching my little video folks- great Uke all around...fella playing it is a hack.
Maple Body tenor- little deeper than some so it has a voice. Maple is a great wood for my ear-it rings and sustains..little thinner on the bottom end, but to me that is what an Ukulele ought to sound like. No chugga chugga kind of thing you get from mahogany-more like chimes. Tympani- make an sense?
Neck is I think poplar- seldom seen because a lot of folks don't like the way it is green often...of course, I like that. Mahogany striping in the neck (with a thin maple strip at the center) and perfectly symmetrical (a big deal for me). The neck is large, but not bulky- fast playing for as thick as it is.
Hmm- what else. Walnut saddle, corian bridge and nut. Worth Low G. The Flying Owl is an apparition in the curl of the wood, so cleverly book-matched as to really make it pop perfectly, but you forget it is there once you are done looking at it and start playing it- it really is a fantastic sounding Uke to my ears.
Fit and finish are a solid ten for certain. It has a few bumps and bruises on it, but they are probably because it has traveled the world to get here.
Made by Tom Guy in Kentucky, off to Eugene in Tasmania, back to the US with Whendogssing, then to Provines, then back to Whendogssing and then to me (I think) on the other side of the US. I realized after I jumped on it I was paying more as the fifth owner than it sold for new...and I still think it is a deal. Want a well built Uke that won't break the bank? These are completely worth looking at.
Of course all things Uke are entirely subjective, and I have played a LOT of pretty fancy ones. I would put this little Bluegrass way up at the top of the field for certain. It is a fantastic Uke.

Top Bottom