"Waitin' Round To Die"

H

Hippie Dribble

1968. Townes Van Zandt.

had some good friends visiting from Alice Springs, so after a big night of chatting, jammin and too many drinks, me and Leon dusted off our hangovers this morning with this sad song from the great Townes Van Zandt. I'm playing a baritone uke and Leon is on the dobro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HEms1usumg

Eugene, absolutely loved this from start to finish, you and Leon sound brilliant, the hangovers probably help! Great work mate.

thanks a lot for watching mate. I could sit and listen to Leon play that dobro for days...

This is fine stuff, Jon. I've been on a huge TVZ kick lately - both listening and playing..... You guys kill this tune dead - one of the nicest covers I've heard in ages. Leon's dobro is great - just enough but not too much - and your vocals couldn't be better. Keep em coming, brother....

Hey Gang, I get a new nickname for Eugene....Gentleman Jon
Great as ever....smoking them strings eh....thanks for sharing....loved it
Wow is dat a new Baritone...holy moly sounds real sweet....dang
when did you hop over to the mainland...must have been real recent, cause
that is a new baritone....

Freakin' great job, man. Both of you.

THis is just food for my soul. Just wonderful, simple and haunting. If this was a record, I'd be wearing it out. :)

Hey, I was talking to mates from Australia - I understand Tasmania's getting hit pretty hard by the drought and fire. I hope that you, the family and the homestead are all OK, and in no danger these days.

This is fine stuff, Jon. I've been on a huge TVZ kick lately - both listening and playing..... You guys kill this tune dead - one of the nicest covers I've heard in ages. Leon's dobro is great - just enough but not too much - and your vocals couldn't be better. Keep em coming, brother....
thanks Bill, was a real treat to play along with a dobro
Hey Gang, I get a new nickname for Eugene....Gentleman Jon
Great as ever....smoking them strings eh....thanks for sharing....loved it
Wow is dat a new Baritone...holy moly sounds real sweet....dang
when did you hop over to the mainland...must have been real recent, cause
that is a new baritone....
thanks Stan, no trips to the mainland mate, they came to visit us, the bari was a gift from Cam
Super tune. Ya gotta love TVZ and you two nailed it proper.

Thanks
thanks a lot Jim
THis is just food for my soul. Just wonderful, simple and haunting. If this was a record, I'd be wearing it out. :)

Hey, I was talking to mates from Australia - I understand Tasmania's getting hit pretty hard by the drought and fire. I hope that you, the family and the homestead are all OK, and in no danger these days.
thanks John, yeah the fires have been devastating, we have been spared though one came as close as 10kms away. Down south it has been the worst. 26000+ hectares destroyed, 170+ homes. No deaths thankfully.
Freakin' great job, man. Both of you.
cheers seeso! it was your performance of the song that inspired us to take a run at it

Top Bottom