FS: Kamaka soprano white label 1971-1972

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyg

Reaction score
My too many ukes sale continues. This is a Kamaka solid koa white label soprano in excellent condition with wonderful sound - it really sounds different from my other ukes, but the fret board is a bit wider than my Martins so I have trouble shifting from one to the other. Take a look at the pictures and the video www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIFjvTX4A2E which was made with a Flip HD recorder (not great speakers) and is unretouched. I was told by the Kamaka mavens on UU that the plastic nut and saddle date this uke to 1971-1972. The uke has one small ding on the back bottom bout right corner maybe 2X2mm, and there was a surface crack in the heel that was repaired by a professional luthier. I want $490 for the uke which is what I have in it, plus shipping/insurance which will be billed at my cost. Prefer CONUS but will sell to international buyers if we've had previous contact. Ask away if you have any questions. View attachment 47312Kamaka side a.jpgView attachment 47314Kamaka.jpgView attachment 47311

Hmmm, 132 views and not a single comment. Do I have bad breath <g>? Price too high just curious? TIA, g2

garyg, I'll comment, I would like to have that "0" martin and that Kamaka, They are wonderful instruments and you have a good eye for them. Painfully short of coin due to other uke purchases. I think they are priced O.K. BUT, I Wish you had lay away, I hate seeing those little martins come and go!!!! Really, really want a good barky vintage martin soprano. Phil

I think $490 is a great price for that Kamaka, but like you I prefer the Martins. Maybe take out all mentions of your Martins so the focus is just on the Kamaka?

Aloha Gary,
Great early year white label....nice too....they all sound different, well all the ones I have that is..oh yeah I think kamaka means the white plastic nut and saddle, after this they came out
with the black plastic nut and saddles...Looks in pretty good condition. lovely uke ...Good Luck Bruddah...

Thanks Guys, if this neck were similar to my Martins I would keep it, it has a very nice sweet plinky sound, good resonance and decent projection. BTW if anyone is interested in one of my ukes for sale I would usually consider a payment plan of some sort. We all, or at least most of us, suffer from not enough cash for ukes! ahoha, g2

Okay final notice before this uke goes to ebay this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom