84.8 KB · Views: 197
  • head.jpg
    head.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 160
  • nick.jpg
    nick.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I am experiencing debilitating trauma in the form of a GAS attack (non-uke). Considering selling one of my longtime favorites, a Peter Liberman built Maui Music 8 string koa tenor. All of the good stuff here, Nice curley Koa, beautiful trim around the body and soundhole, gold open geared tuners. Wonderful tone, excellent condition, only typical wear, fret marks, light scratching, one small nick on the back. There is some minor waffling below bridge, hard to see. Very lightweight, easy to play, Worth Browns strings. Pretty rare uke. Cordura hardcase included. Asking 935.00 shipped within US. Buy now before I come to my senses!View attachment 47316View attachment 47317View attachment 47318View attachment 47319View attachment 47320

Hey what year was your Maui Music built..are you the original owner? and where did you get it from..

I don't know how old it is, bought it from someone in Hawaii. Serial # 5-5054 Waffling means that the top is not perfectly flat, there is a slight dip (commmon with vintage ukes). The waffling is very minor, you can feel it if you run your hand across it under the bridge. The dip is no bigger than a dime. It was there when I bought it, 6 or 7 years ago.

I don't know how old it is, bought it from someone in Hawaii. Serial # 5-5054 Waffling means that the top is not perfectly flat, there is a slight dip (commmon with vintage ukes). The waffling is very minor, you can feel it if you run your hand across it under the bridge. The dip is no bigger than a dime. It was there when I bought it, 6 or 7 years ago.

Yeah i guess Peter does not put the year it was built..maybe we will get lucky as he has been on this site lately

my Maui Music was built in 1998 and has a slight dish on the top..but the sound is still very very good! i guess when it gets older it happens..and i know that the tops are very thin..

good luck with the sale..

Thanks, maybe, not sure I really want to sell it. Maybe my "illness" will subside.

is this still for sale, or has your illness subsided?sold my kamaka 8 and am really missing it, so i;m in the market for one. pmd you.

I've been playing my concerts more lately so this 8 string is back on the market.

Top Bottom