How to cut nails

BIGDB

Reaction score
I have a problem with always cutting my nails to short and it gives a full sound when I play so is there anyway better then nail clippers I see in some of jake shimabukuro webisodes that he uses some kind of file does anyone know what kind he uses or what a good kind is?

Thanks

Umm - not sure why you are posting this in the marketplace. One of the other subforums might be better.

Sometimes I'm guilty of letting my nails get too long, then clipping the bulk makes sense, but it's all about filing them to get a nice smooth edge and shape.

I like glass (AKA crystal) nail files as well. They give you a smoothness that emery boards and metal files can't. But be careful, because then can and will break if you drop them on a hard surface. :eek:

They don't wear out, but over time the dust and filings from your nails tend to build up in the rough surface so it becomes dull.

When this happens, soak it in warm soapy water and then scrub it with an old toothbrush, let dry and it'll be like new again.

If you file them just a little on a regular basis, clipping should not be needed. Maybe keep a file by the tv and give it a few minutes a day when you happen to be watching the news or something. :)

405978_481404395238708_1726880872_n.jpg

I have a problem with always cutting my nails to short and it gives a full sound when I play so is there anyway better then nail clippers I see in some of jake shimabukuro webisodes that he uses some kind of file does anyone know what kind he uses or what a good kind is?

Thanks

POWER TOOLS to the rescue!

Seriously I use a rechargeable Dremel tool with a grinding stone to do coarse nail filing and then I use a Diamond file to do finer filing. I finnish with fine grit wet and dry sandpaper!

Anthony

Top Bottom