UU and YouTube

pabrizzer

Reaction score
Question (and a comment).
When you 'embed' your YouTube video here the views don't count on YouTube. Correct?
But if you place the url of your video or create a link then your are taken to YouTube and the views do count.
Is there a technical reason for this?
When first starting to YouTube (verb) I did get messages and emails asking if I wanted to get involved in schemes to 'up' the view count which I have never done.
I have become a little obsessed with my "view count" but do want them to be real views.
Anyone else like to see lots of views on their vids?
It is why we put them there isn't it?

My understanding is that embedded videos still count towards your view count as they are still using the YouTube player. In YouTube analytics you can see views broken down by whether they were played off the YouTube page, embedded videos, or mobile devices.

Yes. Went and checked and found that that is correct.
Saw that Hurt had been watched by one person in Saudi Arabia too, wow.
OK then. Why do some post the address instead of embedding the video?

I'm only guessing, but it could be a way to give your channel more exposure?

Or maybe some just haven't discovered the [Video] tag!

I seem to recall that some folks that access the forum over their phone or other mobile devices prefer one or the other (the link vs. the embedded video) but I can't remember which. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Some of us have NOT found the (video) tag, and only know how to share the link.
And even that's a challenge. Hence, comments like: 'I hope it 'takes'.'

Sorry :)

Uke-player, low on computer savvy-ness.

keep uke'in',

I seem to recall that some folks that access the forum over their phone or other mobile devices prefer one or the other (the link vs. the embedded video) but I can't remember which. Maybe that has something to do with it?

I prefer to view on You Tube as I can scroll to other messages while I listen but if I am viewing on my tablet, it's difficult to do that, so I generally just watch the embedded video.

Touch screens are all very well but they are not as precise as a mouse and how I dislike those on screen keyboards.

Top Bottom