UU lessons

chillywilly

Reaction score
Don't know if this is the right place to post....however, if i sign up for the uke lessons on UU, would it give me access to chord charts for the free online lessons provided by Aldrine? Trying to write them down is getting frustrating!! Thanks

Hi!!

I've been doing the lessons at UUU for a bit now, and I've run into the same problem you've described. I have noticed that I remember chords better if I write them down as Aldrine is introducing them (worked great for "My Heart Will Go On"!). In order to get them down quickly, I have been working on a sort of "note-taking" (pun not intended but happily included for your amusement) system for chords. I've developed a worksheet (still under development, but this is version 1.0) to assist me. I've created a landscape version that you can cut down the middle to create two 5.5x8.5 inch vertical sheets. I punch them via the Staples "Arc" notebook system:

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/arc/index.html

using the Junior size notebooks (compatible with but MUCH cheaper than Levenger's "Circa" notebook system).

I find that these enable me to jot down chords and fingerings much faster, and I get to keep a practice archive to work from. The Arc system allows me to rearrange or replace sheets as needed.

If you'd like letter size sheets, or any modifications to these sheets, just ask....I'm constantly playing with this sheet (developed in InkScape, the open-source version of Adobe Illustrator). The sheet is in PDF format at:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B95hN0R8c_5PLWllZllUc2o3ckk

Let me know what you think, or what I should change if you have ideas!

K

Go to ukechordchart.com. You can print out a free chart, or you can order one. I have the chart and poster combo and they are nice. The poster is really not very big and works great on a music stand.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with ukechordchart.com. I'm just a satisfied customer.

Thank you for your help. i will try the sheets this weekend.

Thanks Scott, didn't need to see how chords are played, just trying to find a better way to write down the chords/solos to use later.

Top Bottom