FS: Soprano Koa Hawaiian Painted Scene Uke by Black Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
SOLD

This is a new soprano size one-of-a-kind uke made of well seasoned 30 year old Koa
for the body. This uke features one of my hand-painted Hawaiian scenes similar to
many old ukulele sheet music covers. It is painted in oils and over-coated with
nitrocellulose lacquer for years of protection. The top binding is white vinyl
plastic. The neck is Mango wood with a graphite truss rod. This Mango has nice color
and some very small worm holes from years past, and is a bit harder than Mahogany.
There are 12 frets to the body, 15 total. Rosewood fingerboard and ebony bridge.
White MOP fret dots with white side dots. Bone nut and saddle. Grover brand friction
tuners with smaller uke friendly cream-colored plastic knobs. Stings are Worth brand
BM. Low easy playing action, accurate intonation and a very full rich mellow Koa
sound. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. No case but I will double box for
safe shipping. Made in the USA by Black Bear Ukuleles. $30 shipping in the USA lower
48 states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal.
Email me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

$950 or make a reasonable offer, payment plan also accepted.

Attachments

• Painted Uke 2013-01-9a.jpg
    Painted Uke 2013-01-9a.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 187
  • Painted Uke 2013-01-9b.jpg
    Painted Uke 2013-01-9b.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 161
  • Painted Uke 2013-01-9c.jpg
    Painted Uke 2013-01-9c.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Painted Uke 2013-01-9d.jpg
    Painted Uke 2013-01-9d.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Duane, that ukulele is magnificent!

it's really beautiful Duane. I love it when you do innovative things and make unusual creations. I always look forward to seeing what you're going to be doing next

Thanks to all for your comments. Every now and then I liked to do one of these painted ukes, they are fun to do although they do take time to complete. I hope to offer more as the year goes by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom