PDA

View Full Version : Wow, that was fast - Moore Bettah Ukes For Sale (and gone in a flash!)

grendel1972
01-10-2013, 03:29 AM
Couple of beautiful Moore Bettah tenor ukes went up on his site yesterday, and seemed to have sold in minutes! My inability to purchase one at least means I get to avoid the awkward conversation with my better half about how much I just spent on a ukulele, so there is always a silver lining. :cool:

Mandarb
01-10-2013, 03:35 AM
Chuck's ukes always sell within minutes. The two yesterday were beautiful - as always with a Moore Bettah.

grendel1972
01-10-2013, 03:37 AM
I had been checking regularly, but of course, got busy at the wrong time, and they went up and were sold before I even knew they were there! It's like hitting the lottery to be aware of them at exactly the right time. Some day.

Mandarb
01-10-2013, 03:39 AM
Chuck had posted over the weekend that he would be putting a couple of ukes up for sale this week.

grendel1972
01-10-2013, 03:47 AM
Yeah, I had seen that, was checking the site several times a day, and still missed the window! Ah well, there's always next time (and next time, and next ....). :D

PhilUSAFRet
01-10-2013, 03:47 AM
A life lesson there somewhere!

dkcrown
01-10-2013, 04:01 AM
They sold within a minute. He had seven responses in the first minute. Anyone here lucky enough to score one?

grendel1972
01-10-2013, 04:31 AM
They sold within a minute. He had seven responses in the first minute. Anyone here lucky enough to score one?

Wow. This makes me feel better (it really is a lottery). Does make me wonder what they would go for in an auction format.

RichM
01-10-2013, 04:39 AM
When I bought mine from Chuck's website, he told me he had 25 responses within 5 minutes. I felt very lucky, and still do!

kirbo
01-10-2013, 05:02 AM
Crazy. I had to stop pouring over his site everyday. I was t getting any work done.

mds725
01-10-2013, 05:35 AM
I watched Chuck's site for hours yesterday, refreshing the "for sale" page frequently. I can't stop slobbering over the honu uke, but I would have had to sell some of my high end ukes to find the $3,150 to buy one of the ukes Chuck sold yesterday. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
01-10-2013, 08:18 AM
I've been made aware of a program that can detect those who use automatic email response programs. By eliminating those automated responses it should give every one an equal chance from here on. Those programs are the reason why I refuse to play the ebay auction game anymore.

grendel1972
01-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Looking forward to next time! Beautiful ukes (as always). Especially like the macadamia nut wood fret board and head plate on the milo and spruce tenor. Just stunning.

hawaii 50
01-10-2013, 08:38 AM
I've been made aware of a program that can detect those who use automatic email response programs. By eliminating those automated responses it should give every one an equal chance from here on. Those programs are the reason why I refuse to play the ebay auction game anymore.

Wow Chuck..very nice ukes!

your work looks like it is getting better each time i see your new ukes..and the prices still very very good..
keep on trucking!

Dan Uke
01-10-2013, 12:14 PM
When I bought mine from Chuck's website, he told me he had 25 responses within 5 minutes. I felt very lucky, and still do!

Those days are gone after Chuck stopped sending email notifications that a uke is for sale.

Now we have to check countless times to see if there are changes or find a program that alerts you if a website has changed. However, Chuck stated that he just found a program to eliminate these automated alerts so you truly have to get lucky.

mm stan
01-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Yup Chuckie makes the most beautiful and beautiful sounding ukes anywhere.... perfect set up and intonation..... congrats, Lucky 1's

Hippie Dribble
01-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Yup Chuckie makes the most beautiful and beautiful sounding ukes anywhere.... perfect set up and intonation..... congrats, Lucky 1's

righto Bruddah, which one did you score? :p I would have chosen the honu... :drool:

mm stan
01-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Ha Ha....oh man....pinch me I was dreaming I had it too.....:) If I was wishing Eugene, I should wish big, "I wish I had two of them" Lah

Hippie Dribble
01-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Ha Ha....oh man....pinch me I was dreaming I had it too.....:) If I was wishing Eugene, I should wish big, "I wish I had two of them" Lah

he he...yeah, don't pinch me mate, I wanna keep sleepin if that's what I'm dreamin :)

mm stan
01-10-2013, 02:12 PM
he he...yeah, don't pinch me mate, I wanna keep sleepin if that's what I'm dreamin :)

Lemme go play my new ukes.....:)

costaricadave
01-10-2013, 02:36 PM
It's like playing the lottery! Keep trying....I tried and tried but finally my build number came up in the mean time.

pakhan
01-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Lovely looking ukes, and don't forget that offset soundhole's rosette is technically challenging.... Chuck's just plain showing off with that one!

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
01-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Lovely looking ukes, and don't forget that offset soundhole's rosette is technically challenging.... Chuck's just plain showing off with that one!

Huh? That was a mistake!

UncleElvis
01-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Huh? That was a mistake!

If that's a mistake, my brain can't handle the thought of you getting it right!

KentSantaBarbara
01-11-2013, 06:19 AM
Beautiful functional art. Chuck, you have amazing skills to be able to do the woodwork and inlay work that we see on the photos on your website, and then to have the additional ability to combine that with producing a beautifully sounding musical instrument. Magic. I'm not trying to inflat Chucks head here, but truly an amazing set of skills to produce these ukuleles.

mm stan
01-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Chuckie is truely a master....combining Great materials and Great Craftsmanship skills with all his knowledge to truely produce the best and finest ukuleles...to produce the best sounding with amazing asthetics with no one even close to compare to......save your pennies and cross your fingers gang.....it is truely worth more than one can believe...:)

PedalFreak
01-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Chuckie is truely a master....combining Great materials and Great Craftsmanship skills with all his knowledge to truely produce the best and finest ukuleles...to produce the best sounding with amazing asthetics with no one even close to compare to......save your pennies and cross your fingers gang.....it is truely worth more than one can believe...:)

I'm saving my pennies for a Moore Bettah, but I think I'm throwing them in a Piggy bank with a hole in the bottom :( One day though :)

mm stan
01-11-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm saving my pennies for a Moore Bettah, but I think I'm throwing them in a Piggy bank with a hole in the bottom :( One day though :)

Aloha Aaron,
I glued all my piggy banks bottom hole.....he he to make sure I couldn't take the bills I stuffed in when I was young....ha ha

Dan Uke
01-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Aloha Aaron,
I glued all my piggy banks bottom hole.....he he to make sure I couldn't take the bills I stuffed in when I was young....ha ha

Or just use your credit card like most of America

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
01-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Beautiful functional art. Chuck, you have amazing skills to be able to do the woodwork and inlay work that we see on the photos on your website, and then to have the additional ability to combine that with producing a beautifully sounding musical instrument. Magic. I'm not trying to inflat Chucks head here, but truly an amazing set of skills to produce these ukuleles.

Thanks Kent. I'm trying to dispell the myth that pretty instruments can't sound good. Why the heck can't they? Just because it isn't visually apparent, I spend a great deal of time and energy making sure that my ukes don't take a sonic backseat to any other. No matter how gussied up and uke might be, if it doesn't sound great then I haven't done my job. Playing an uke can be a feast for your eyes AND your eyes.

mm stan
01-11-2013, 01:31 PM
I wonder if any of Chuckie's neighbors wanna sell the place....maybe I can open a Bread and Breakfast type business next door and offer tours, gift shop, bar and cafe???

Dan Uke
01-11-2013, 01:38 PM
I wonder if any of Chuckie's neighbors wanna sell the place....maybe I can open a Bread and Breakfast type business next door and offer tours, gift shop, bar and cafe???

You have to own one of Chuck's before you can open one up since you would have to be the nightly entertainment!! LOL

mm stan
01-11-2013, 01:56 PM
You have to own one of Chuck's before you can open one up since you would have to be the nightly entertainment!! LOL

Hey Daniel, The idea is for the vacation package for ukers is so they can eat, have coctails and open Mike....oh and the highlight tour of Chuckies workshop and ukes
I will Name the place ....."Chuckies"

dkcrown
01-12-2013, 02:21 AM

I'm sure that Chuck would love that Stan. Ha! :) If you did that he wouldn't be making any more ukes for a while though. He would have to spend his days building a moat to keep the rif raf out. I believe that David Hurd is one of his neighbors. Maybe you can shoot him an offer? BTW, what kind of bread are you serving at your B and B?

mm stan
01-12-2013, 06:50 AM
I'm sure that Chuck would love that Stan. Ha! :) If you did that he wouldn't be making any more ukes for a while though. He would have to spend his days building a moat to keep the rif raf out. I believe that David Hurd is one of his neighbors. Maybe you can shoot him an offer? BTW, what kind of bread are you serving at your B and B?

Aloha Dana,
not for the riff raff...just for ukers and UUer's would get gold status...:) it would be a limited club on a smaller scale like "Club Med" .......hee hee
Clubs sandwitches will be named appropiately after Chuckies most famous uke builds..you forgot to ask what kine of brew we will have...

NewKid
01-12-2013, 07:19 AM
Thanks Kent. I'm trying to dispell the myth that pretty instruments can't sound good. Why the heck can't they? Just because it isn't visually apparent, I spend a great deal of time and energy making sure that my ukes don't take a sonic backseat to any other. No matter how gussied up and uke might be, if it doesn't sound great then I haven't done my job. Playing an uke can be a feast for your eyes AND your eyes.

Myth dispelled that pretty instruments can't sound good. Now can you please guide us on how to get one of these beauties other than trying to hit the one-minute window of availability? Thanks in advance.

hawaii 50
01-12-2013, 08:18 AM

Hey Stan..
you need somebody to make the coffee? for pay all in need is one Moore Bettah haha

mm stan
01-12-2013, 08:43 AM
Anyone wants to sell me their "Moore Bettah" Ukulele????:)

hawaii 50
01-12-2013, 08:46 AM
Anyone wants to sell me their "Moore Bettah" Ukulele????:)

I second that emotion..