Wow, that was fast - Moore Bettah Ukes For Sale (and gone in a flash!)

grendel1972

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Couple of beautiful Moore Bettah tenor ukes went up on his site yesterday, and seemed to have sold in minutes! My inability to purchase one at least means I get to avoid the awkward conversation with my better half about how much I just spent on a ukulele, so there is always a silver lining. :cool:

Chuck's ukes always sell within minutes. The two yesterday were beautiful - as always with a Moore Bettah.

I had been checking regularly, but of course, got busy at the wrong time, and they went up and were sold before I even knew they were there! It's like hitting the lottery to be aware of them at exactly the right time. Some day.

Chuck had posted over the weekend that he would be putting a couple of ukes up for sale this week.

Yeah, I had seen that, was checking the site several times a day, and still missed the window! Ah well, there's always next time (and next time, and next ....). :D

A life lesson there somewhere!

They sold within a minute. He had seven responses in the first minute. Anyone here lucky enough to score one?

They sold within a minute. He had seven responses in the first minute. Anyone here lucky enough to score one?

Wow. This makes me feel better (it really is a lottery). Does make me wonder what they would go for in an auction format.

When I bought mine from Chuck's website, he told me he had 25 responses within 5 minutes. I felt very lucky, and still do!

Crazy. I had to stop pouring over his site everyday. I was t getting any work done.

I watched Chuck's site for hours yesterday, refreshing the "for sale" page frequently. I can't stop slobbering over the honu uke, but I would have had to sell some of my high end ukes to find the $3,150 to buy one of the ukes Chuck sold yesterday. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I've been made aware of a program that can detect those who use automatic email response programs. By eliminating those automated responses it should give every one an equal chance from here on. Those programs are the reason why I refuse to play the ebay auction game anymore.

Looking forward to next time! Beautiful ukes (as always). Especially like the macadamia nut wood fret board and head plate on the milo and spruce tenor. Just stunning.

I've been made aware of a program that can detect those who use automatic email response programs. By eliminating those automated responses it should give every one an equal chance from here on. Those programs are the reason why I refuse to play the ebay auction game anymore.

Wow Chuck..very nice ukes!

your work looks like it is getting better each time i see your new ukes..and the prices still very very good..
keep on trucking!

When I bought mine from Chuck's website, he told me he had 25 responses within 5 minutes. I felt very lucky, and still do!

Those days are gone after Chuck stopped sending email notifications that a uke is for sale.

Now we have to check countless times to see if there are changes or find a program that alerts you if a website has changed. However, Chuck stated that he just found a program to eliminate these automated alerts so you truly have to get lucky.

Yup Chuckie makes the most beautiful and beautiful sounding ukes anywhere.... perfect set up and intonation..... congrats, Lucky 1's

Yup Chuckie makes the most beautiful and beautiful sounding ukes anywhere.... perfect set up and intonation..... congrats, Lucky 1's

righto Bruddah, which one did you score? :p I would have chosen the honu... :drool:

Ha Ha....oh man....pinch me I was dreaming I had it too.....:) If I was wishing Eugene, I should wish big, "I wish I had two of them" Lah

he he...yeah, don't pinch me mate, I wanna keep sleepin if that's what I'm dreamin :)

Top Bottom