Kala Red Ukulele Strings

KAWIKA27

Reaction score
i was in hawaii this past week and i tried to pick up some aquila ukulele strings but they where out, so i grabed some other strings i havent seen before "Kala Red Ukulele Strings" i havent tried them yet but i was wondering if anybody has tried or heard of it

never seen or heard of!

I have a pair, but I currently use Aquilas on my Kala and Hilo Golds on my Mitchell. My Mitchell is sort of my experiment ukulele, since it was the first one I've had. So far I've tried the stock strings, Martin strings, and Hilo Golds. Tell me how the Kala Reds are.

The strings are wound, which I've never dealt with, so that's why I decided to put the Hilo Golds on my Mitchell first. I have an extra pair of Aquilas, a set of Kala Reds, and I think D'Addario strings laying around.

o snap!!:eek: u guys are fast i swear i looked away for a sec lol, yea since they didnt have my brand of strings so i figured for $4.50 why not, ill let you all know how they work.

I tried the Kala Red tenor strings. They're made by La Bella Strings. I didn't like the fact that the strings were wound. They had a real dull sound to them too.

i was in hawaii this past week and i tried to pick up some aquila ukulele strings but they where out, so i grabed some other strings i havent seen before "Kala Red Ukulele Strings" i havent tried them yet but i was wondering if anybody has tried or heard of it
Where in Hawaii? There are a number of music stores on Oahu and MGM is located in Kaneohe. Pretty sure you could have found a set easily.

I had a set of them that came with my first uke. I tried to put them on but while doing so I broke one of the wound strings. So I didn't get to try them out to see how they sounded.

I got some with a sampler I bought from MGM. Heven't used them yet, but I am not happy with the Aquilas I have on my soprano and was thinking of trying the golds. Maybe I'll try the reds first.

Yeah I was gonna say, Ive never heard anything great about the Reds. I guess it depends on what you want to hear, but from what I know they just sound yucky to play with lol.

Where in Hawaii? There are a number of music stores on Oahu and MGM is located in Kaneohe. Pretty sure you could have found a set easily.

Yea....i was out with my bro, we where kida lazy cuz we waited till my last day then only had time to go one place, we wenty like down the street from UH Manoa real tiny place

Top Bottom