Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Mainland Red Cedar Concert

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Kala KA-ASAC-T Tenor

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Saints1234

Reaction score
- Mele Solid Koa Pineapple Concert with Misi (Used for $400 including shipping)

- Koalana Concert (New for $430 including shipping)

- Mainland Red Cedar Concert (New for $310 including shipping)

- Kala Solid Acacia Tenor KA-ASAC-T (Used for $400 including shipping)

If this was you which uke would you choose or can you recommend any others in this price range.
Thanks!

Are you overseas? HMS price on a Koalana is $349.95 shipped CONUS.

If this was you which uke would you choose or can you recommend any others in this price range.
Thanks!
Do you have a size preference?
I love tenor and concert ukes.
I love KoAloha, Mele, and Mainland (I own a KoAloha (have owned 5 at one time), 2 Meles (have owned 5), and I currently own about 8 mainlands (they were all seconds that I bought for my classroom).
I don't care for Kala.
Also that mainland red cedar concert is a hard to beat uke for sound. Mainland has a winner with their red cedar ukes.
I've never played a Koalana so i can't say anything about it other than I will always support KoAloha and anything they make (regardless of the name).
Mele is like KoAloha to me. I love me some Mele and I am the unofficial "Mele Man" here at UU. I get so many PMs about Mele.
Matter of fact if you don't want that Mele, would you PM me the sellers contact info? I'd be interested in putting it on my credit card:)

Thanks!
have you tried maton concert?

I've been eyeing off that Mele pineapple concert on eBay too. When you mentioned it I figured your an Australian. I'm not in the market really, unless I win Lotto tomorrow night,:cool:, otherwise I'm not bidding. I cant really compare from personal experience but search YouTube for sound samples. Mele ukulele's do sound good.

Anthony

I own the kala asac t and I love it, it looks beautiful and sounds beautiful, and is a joy to play , I would not hesitate in recommending it to someone.
The brand gets a bit of a hard time on here, sure it ain't one of the big 'k' brands but this particular model is a beast , i guess the kala name has done this particular uke an injustice, I,m sure if it was stamped with a different name on the headstock there would be a lot more love for it ( actually I,m probably wrong in saying that, as I,ve not read a bad review on the asac t, just a fair few on kala in general)

I know I,ve got a lovely looking , lovely sounding uke and couldn,t be more happy with it.
there is a great review of one on youtube if you want to hear someone who knows more about ukes than me.
Good luck with your eventual choice my friend.

I recommend the Mele Koa Pineapple. I just got a Mele Koa concert and it is amazing!! (the Koa is Hawaiian Koa BTW!!)

Top Bottom