Aldrine's Doodle

The Big Kahuna

Reaction score
Yep, it's Saturday afternoon, and I'm bored again.

Some more wallpaper for anyone who wants it. I needed to figure out a specific spline modelling technique, and this was as good a design as any to copy.

aldrine.jpg

I don't know how you do that stuff, but it's very cool.

I definately see the resemblance.

I'm not entirely certain, but I think Aldrine drew it himself (or someone drew it of him). It's inlaid on the neck of his signature Kanile'a, and appears a couple of times in Google image searches on his name.

I just thought it was a cool doodle, and as I said, I needed something similar to practice spline modelling, so it might as well have been this as anything.

Unless Aldrine has registered it as a trademark, and slaps me with a big hairy lawyer.

Yup AG drew it himself. Based it off of a John Lennon thing I believe.

What software were you modeling the splines with?

The 3D effect looks like it could have been done in Revit, but there are so many out there now, I don't really want to guess.

Looks good, though!

-Kurt​

What software were you modeling the splines with?

The 3D effect looks like it could have been done in Revit, but there are so many out there now, I don't really want to guess.

Looks good, though!
-Kurt​

Cinema 4D R14 Kurt. It's the 3D package I'm most comfortable and familiar with. For rendering, I use whichever engine is most appropriate to the subject. This was using the new Physical Renderer with the addition of Global Illumination, but I'll quite often use vray if I need an accurate metal render or architectural image. I also use Keyshot Pro and Bunkspeed for rendering, if I want something quick & dirty.

Top Bottom