FS: 8-String Pono - Like New

Paul December

Reaction score
8-String Mahogany Tenor Pono

I have barely touched this instrument...
...too many ukes, too little time!

Like New Condition

I just put on a brand new set of Aquilas.
(An octave A Worth presently on it, but will include unused Aquila regular A. Nut was not modified)

This is not a factory 2nd. Purchased from HMS

$299 + actual shipping

PM me or email: pauldecember@gmail.com

pono2.jpgpono1.jpgpono3.jpgpono4.jpg

Wow! If I hadn't just bought a Pono 6 string tenor.....................been here a whole half hour, surprised it's still here. Did I say WOW! Want an 8 string? Grab this baby quick.....no, I don't know Paul.

I love the six-string factory refurbished Pono tenor I bought earlier this year, and that ukulele cost at least as much as the asking price for this one. Good luck with the posting.

Paul a few questions. I actually have this much money in my uke fund (of course I had planned on buying a bunch of sopranos for a uke club at my school) but I want an 8 string.

I once owned a mango pono. I was having a hard time with it breaking strings. I think it was the thinner c string that kept breaking (I was using ko'olau golds and some other set of strings that I think were Aquilas). But I know that it broke the same string on all three sets.
I do think that was only that one uke but I remember some other people had the same issue at that time (this was at the time Pono was shifting from Indonesia to their current location).

How is this one? I am assuming it is fine.

Paul a few questions. I actually have this much money in my uke fund (of course I had planned on buying a bunch of sopranos for a uke club at my school) but I want an 8 string.

I once owned a mango pono. I was having a hard time with it breaking strings. I think it was the thinner c string that kept breaking (I was using ko'olau golds and some other set of strings that I think were Aquilas). But I know that it broke the same string on all three sets.
I do think that was only that one uke but I remember some other people had the same issue at that time (this was at the time Pono was shifting from Indonesia to their current location).

How is this one? I am assuming it is fine.

No string breaking problems.
This is from their newest batch, 2012 :)

Last edited:
We purchased an 8 string Pono from HMS last year for Liko's kumu hula. The C string was broken when we got it and I replaced it from a different set of strings before it was gifted. Liko's C strings break on his Pegasus 8 string more often than his other strings, so I thought it was just a condition of high tension strings. Another note about the Pono 8 string, it sounded a little dull when we first got it, but like all good solid wood `ukuleles, it has opened up wonderfully with time and is now a fantastic instrument. This is a great deal!

Wow! If I hadn't just bought a Pono 6 string tenor.....................been here a whole half hour, surprised it's still here. Did I say WOW! Want an 8 string? Grab this baby quick.....no, I don't know Paul.

I do know Paul, a little - I bought a really nice Lanikai 6-string tenor from him. Great guy, great service in the deal. My only complaint is that he is selling another uke that I really want, so my UAS is flaring badly.

I do know Paul, a little - I bought a really nice Lanikai 6-string tenor from him. Great guy, great service in the deal. My only complaint is that he is selling another uke that I really want, so my UAS is flaring badly.

LOL! I have already had 3 conversations with my wife about this uke:)

interesting, so you have a low and high a, octave apart, right? why? just wanted more harmonics? interested in trading?

interesting, so you have a low and high a, octave apart, right? why? just wanted more harmonics? interested in trading?

Yes, far more 12 string guitar-sh with it.
For those who don't like it, I have the unused A to put back on and the nut was not modified in any way.

Sorry, no trades...
...I'm selling because my house is starting to look like a ukulele parking lot :D
Figured I'd let this one go before I get any wear on it.

Too bad...I already have an 8 string uke, but that is a tremendous deal!! I am shocked it is still available!!

Wow, that's a gorgeous uke, PD, and a great deal. SOmeone will snatch this up since it's such a lovely deal.

Top Bottom