Strigns

ninjastar

Reaction score
Well I have a Lanikai S-TEQ and was wondering what is the best strings to put on this ukulele? Well am still a newbe at this and was also wanting to know if theres a tut on how to change the strings?

Thank you so much for your help and input.

tutorial
there is a gazillion threads on strings and they all say the same thing. 1. buy it, 2. try it, 3. if you like it, use it. if not, repeat 1-2

Alright. I was wondering how long does it take for something on the website to ship there iteams?

it depends on what your buying and who your buying it from.

say you order strings off of musicguymic on ebay. You will barely have to wait a couple days. Say you buy a uke off of him too. You will barely have to wait a week. Try out some strings. Its all just a matter of what you want to hear. If you want a mellow sound, try worths or D'addaros(i think i epic failed the spelling of this). If you want a brighter sound, try aquilas.

try some and let us know how you do.

also, you can generally use concert sized strings for a soprano ukulele. so if you want to buy from the store, here on UU, you can buy the concert sized strings and it should work out.

one more thing. if you have any further questions, try using the search forum towards the right of the toolbar on the screen. You will pretty much be able to find any questions and answers you are looking for, pertaining to ukulele,video games, KFC, and other food in general.

as always, keep strumming.

Last edited:
For cheaper ukes, likes yours, I have found aquilas to be a good starting point and I would recommend trying those first.

As others have said though, it is a process of trial & error and personal preference.

UU ships pretty fast, a few months ago I bought the CD and a shirt (separate purchases) received them bout a week from buying (from HI to NY)

I would say it's more of a personal preference.

How you spell string? I would think it's pretty well laid out, dictionary-wise. I mean, if you spell it "strign" someone might think you're a foreign tourist looking for directions. As in, "Hello, can you please tell me how to get to the Strign?" "Why yes, it's right beside the bakery a block north from here."

:rolleyes:

PS. To the original thread starter: you also misspelled sorry ("srry"), wrong ("worng"), their ("there"), items ("iteams") and underground ("undergrounf"). While the occasional typo might be acceptable and on-the-whole understandable these days, I think you should give serious consideration to using the built-in spell checker (the ABC icon with a check mark, above right) before you click "post reply."

Last edited:
wat are your guys thoughts on La Bella and Aquila strings? From your experience what are the pros and cons?

Last edited:
wat are your guys thoughts on La Bella and Aquila strings? From your experience what are the pros and cons?

For Aquila strings, I'd say the pros are that they're bright, punchy, and fairly resonant. The cons would be the feel and I'm not sure but they feel a bit more "stiff"

For Aquila strings, I'd say the pros are that they're bright, punchy, and fairly resonant. The cons would be the feel and I'm not sure but they feel a bit more "stiff"

How about La Bella strings? Have you tried them yet?

I haven't tried very many strings. Just the Gold(don't remember what company, but it's part of MGMs "Sampler" pack of strings he sells), Aquilas, Martins, and GHS strings. So I have yet to try the La Bellas

So no one has tried La Bella strings yet? Well I was wondering is it a bad thing to take off strings that you just put on for a week or so to try on another set of strings?

So no one has tried La Bella strings yet? Well I was wondering is it a bad thing to take off strings that you just put on for a week or so to try on another set of strings?

Nothing wrong with that. If you take the old ones off carefully (without cutting them), you can always put them back on if you like them better than the new ones. :3

Just try UU's strings. They're perfect for my uke, so try those out. Then when you wanna change up your sound, try other strings from websites.

Top Bottom