New Lil Rev Fan

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Heading North from South Florida on his current tour, Lil Rev did a workshop Friday evening for several members of the Space Coast Ukulele Club in Rockledge, FL. I'd seen a few pictures and listened to one or two clips on YouTube and wasn't sure what to expect. Lil Rev is a talented and gifted teacher and performer. Between learning, playing, and laughing, it was one of the most enjoyable uke evenings I've ever had and would never miss another chance to spend time with Lil Rev. If you haven't seen him yet, please make it a priority. Invite him to your area. I am sure there are many others here who will second this. Harmonica fans check out his CD "LIL REV" Mouth Organ Minstrel on his website. www.lilrev.com Also check his blog at http://fountainofuke.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Rev is a super cool guy and has a great passion for old American music. I second what Phil said; go see Rev and attend one of his workshops! It's an amazing experience.

I feel blessed that I get to work with Rev all year long! He is the leader of the Milwaukee Ukulele Club and runs the Milwauke Uke Fest every year. In addition to being a fantastic teacher and player, he is such a positive force in the uke community, just a shining beacon of love and light. And I don't say stuff like that all the time. It just happens to be true here.

I saw Lil Rev at a house concert last year just after I bought my first ukulele. Yes, he is a great teacher and I believe he said he use to teach music in the public school system. He's a really good performer and we had a super time also. I had never heard of musicians doing house concerts before and I've since heard of others that do just that. He has authored a number of books which he had at the concert for sale. He's a really great guy and easy to talk with.

Does anyone have a link to his tour schedule? I wonder if he'll be hitting Minneapolis.

Thank You

I got on the waiting list for the Phoenix workshop and concert! Thanks for the heads up.

:drool::cheers:

Went to a workshop with him in Clearwater, Fl last weekend. Was wondering how to justify a 200 mile drive, but it was soooo worth it. If he comes even remotely close to you don't miss it. Absolutely amazing.

I look forward to seeing him each year when he passes through Los Angeles. This time he'll be at the music store next door to my wood shop. Guitar Merchant in Canoga Park is hosting a Lil Rev workshop and concert on Saturday February 9. PM if you want more info on that show.

Lil' Rev has more than talent. He exudes infectious passion for the game at hand. He is serious about the music but doesn't take himself too seriously. His audiences sure do, though and we're lucky to have a guy like that making himself available on such an up close and personal basis. If he is coming to your area, find a way to get in.

Rev is a great storyteller, songwriter and multiinsturmental virtuoso. His shows are highly entertaining. We hosted a Lil' Rev house concert a few months ago. Everybody was blown away by his show.
If you get a chance to see him live, take along a non-musical friend or two. They'll become fans as well.

Rev is a very cool dude and an amazing musician.

Top Bottom