new member from SE PA

timn

Reaction score
I've been into music for over 45 years (hitting 61 next week) and had a full time gig restoring/selling vintage instruments from college graduation in 1974 until grad school in 84. Mostly repair but I built 2 F5 mandolins in 76 and 77 after befriending Roger Siminoff. Met Chris Martin and dick boak while dumpster diving for scrap wood and befriended Mike Longworth and others at the factory who turned me onto great instruments and woods. Built a guitar from scratch in the early 80s and attended the first ASIA get together at Lafayette College. Studied architectural history and conservation and have had my business since 1984. Continued playing but only work on my own stuff and eventually managed to accumulate over 50 vintage instruments with Weisenborns being my last acquisitions.

I'm slowing down work and started building guitars from my old wood stash and just completed my 6th for my daughter. I just posted in the builder section on the wood I discovered in my barn and now I have the ukulele obsession. I contacted Bob Gleason through a luthier buddy and ordered wood and plans to build the whole family of ukes. This site seems like the place and I'll spend way too many hours researching techniques before building the first one. Thanks for sharing all this information.
Tim Noble

Thanks for the great intro and welcome!

Top Bottom