NEW UKE DAY! - KoAloha Thin Body Tenor with L.R. Baggs 5.0 Pickup

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
Well, it was really day before yesterday, but I just received something I couldn't resist which popped up on the Underground. After jamming with Daniel Ho last year and hearing his KoAloha Thin Body Tenor, I was amazed at the sound and how comfortable it was, so I have been keeping my eye out for one to add to my collection as my high G uke (only had low G ukes up to this point) and just found it this week. (Thanks Bob!).

The wood grain and color is awesome and the tone is amazing. Perfectly straight grain top vibrates like it wants to take off. The L.R. Baggs 5.0 generates incredible natural sound through my acoustic amp in which I'll do a video review soon (maybe over the weekend). Not a lot of reviews on the L.R. Baggs I can find online. Gotta love KoAloha, they build a great uke! I think this is going to be my daily go to tenor now.

IMG_2166.jpgIMG_2167.jpgIMG_2168.jpgIMG_2169.jpg

Just restrung with Living Waters high G and it sings.

Cheers!

Aloha Jay,
wow that is an awesome KoAloha you luck guy....holy smokes wish I Had one too....Keep Strummin' them strings....
just looked at your signature, you have an impressive collection:)

Aloha Stan!

It really is incredible how much sound comes out of this thin body. I have had bad UAS this past year!
I was fortunate to find someone selling this on the underground... I got really lucky and fortunate. It's coming with me to Kauai in a few months.
I thought to myself if I played with locals and didn't have one of the Hawaiian ukes I would be in big trouble ;-) This also came with a Ko'olau red stitch arch top case which I just love. Fits like a glove inside.

Mahalo,

Aloha Jay,
wow that is an awesome KoAloha you luck guy....holy smokes wish I Had one too....Keep Strummin' them strings....
just looked at your signature, you have an impressive collection:)

That's a beautiful uke. I love the LR Baggs and a huge fan of them. I have an LR Baggs under saddle active in my Gibson J-200 guitar. I've got 2 old Yamaha FG model guitars with LR Baggs active soundhole pickups in them and I put a 5.0 in my Kamaka HF-3. I just bought a Koaloha D-1 guitarlele and a Tom Guy Bluegrass low G walnut tenor that I'm going to put the 5.0s in.

Aloha Stan!

It really is incredible how much sound comes out of this thin body. I have had bad UAS this past year!
I was fortunate to find someone selling this on the underground... I got really lucky and fortunate. It's coming with me to Kauai in a few months.
I thought to myself if I played with locals and didn't have one of the Hawaiian ukes I would be in big trouble ;-) This also came with a Ko'olau red stitch arch top case which I just love. Fits like a glove inside.

Mahalo,

Damn Jay..you're giving me 'sellers remorse' already! There was some sort of glitch at HMS and my Kanilea Honu tenor that I ordered on 12/20 is not here yet, so I'm have Koa withdrawl. Getting reaquainted with a Kala Archtop and my Collings UT3. Enjoy the KoAloha.. it does sound sweet...

Damn Jay..you're giving me 'sellers remorse' already! There was some sort of glitch at HMS and my Kanilea Honu tenor that I ordered on 12/20 is not here yet, so I'm have Koa withdrawl. Getting reaquainted with a Kala Archtop and my Collings UT3. Enjoy the KoAloha.. it does sound sweet...

Would love to see that Collings, lucky devil. I am waiting for a Collings tenor to show up at the right price but I'm not holding my breath.

Strange its taking so long. Did you get tracking info on it?

Would love to see that Collings, lucky devil. I am waiting for a Collings tenor to show up at the right price but I'm not holding my breath.

Strange its taking so long. Did you get tracking info on it?
Not yet. Was supposed to ship yesterday, but appears it didn't. Ithink having pickup installed has delayed.

Aloha Stan!

Mahalo,
You know what impressed me at HMS is the thin body Kala ...played 3 and they all sound sweet and good....good price too..real gud

Congratulations. I have watched the video on that one way too many times. Sounds like you are very happy with it.

Not yet. Was supposed to ship yesterday, but appears it didn't. Ithink having pickup installed has delayed.

It better have shipped yesterday! Jen went and picked it up first thing in the morning and brought it to Joel with those instructions, setup-ship now. When I get to the workshop tonight I will confirm. Grrrr..

It better have shipped yesterday! Jen went and picked it up first thing in the morning and brought it to Joel with those instructions, setup-ship now. When I get to the workshop tonight I will confirm. Grrrr..

thanks Andrew.... account said 'still processing', but maybe it just wasn't updated. I know you've been on top of this and kept me informed and I appreciate it. You guys do a great job, but sometimes stuff happens, totally understandable.

Top Bottom