Charango (but missing one string)

I can't decide if it's cool or creepy... or both :)
...I bet Southcoast strings would be able to get you just the one you need.

Thanks for looking, Paul. I think it's both. I bought it on the way to my office, so people at work have seen it. They're creeped out.

I ordered two sets of Bella strings (I hope they are okay!) from Just Strings, and called the place where I bought it - they have some in stock and are going to completely re-string it for me. Those guys at Music Folk are the best! I may have to buy an S-1 from them. :D

I'm guessing that you have a sharp edge on the nut or maybe the string slots on the nut need a bit of widening with a file. Do your strings tune nice and gradually or do they slip in after turning the tuners a bit?

Hey kathryn! I got the very same charango, except for a few differences. I bought it off of ebay. I've restrung mine and have been using Medina Artigas strings. I may have to try Just Strings next time. I'll put pics of my charango.
Ernest

CAM00111_zps5c57cc06.jpg

CAM00112_zps1609a245.jpg

Hi, Ernest - Cool! Ewww! Yours has more hair than mine! I confess, I've been neglecting it lately due to being distracted by "real life" - one of these days.......

...and Paul - re the S1 - I ended up buying a C1K from them in mid-February. It was a little bit of retail therapy for me, because my dog had just died.

Top Bottom