Why I play the Ukulele - Please let me share with you

lancemanion

Reaction score
Being a Haole who carries his ukulele with him everywhere he goes, I've been asked many, many times why I play the uke. It all goes back to Wayne Federman. I am not sure how I stumbled across his video on YouTube, but when I saw somebody playing the kind of music that I like on a uke my mind became a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. Camping, hiking, traveling, all while making music. I went straight to ebay and bought a no name piece of crap uke. When it came I went to Guitar Center and they didn't even have uke strings. How the world has changed in a few years. No it wasn't Jake or Aldrine or James, (I had never heard of any of them) it was Wayne Federman and I would like to share him with you.

my mind became a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

You use your tongue prettier than a 20 dollar whore. Are you a Heady Lamar shoe? :D

As for the vid, I dunno. It's used as a prop, and I (TRY) to play it as an instrument. I just play uke because I don't play something else.

You use your tongue prettier than a 20 dollar whore. Are you a Heady Lamar shoe?

Thanks, Plainsong. I was wondering how long it would take before a Mel Brooks fan came along.

As far as Wayne, he plays the uke "as an instrument" far better then most.

Not to pick at the scars of another thread, but is Wayne Federman possibly the Tiny Tim of the new millennium?

Thanks, Plainsong. I was wondering how long it would take before a Mel Brooks fan came along.

As far as Wayne, he plays the uke "as an instrument" far better then most.

I agree! It takes skill to do that. I just hate the whole "Hey, laugh at me because I know what I'm doing" thing. I guess I only like a very specific type of music humor. :(

Top Bottom