PDA

View Full Version : Why I play the Ukulele - Please let me share with you

lancemanion
01-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Being a Haole who carries his ukulele with him everywhere he goes, I've been asked many, many times why I play the uke. It all goes back to Wayne Federman. I am not sure how I stumbled across his video on YouTube, but when I saw somebody playing the kind of music that I like on a uke my mind became a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. Camping, hiking, traveling, all while making music. I went straight to ebay and bought a no name piece of crap uke. When it came I went to Guitar Center and they didn't even have uke strings. How the world has changed in a few years. No it wasn't Jake or Aldrine or James, (I had never heard of any of them) it was Wayne Federman and I would like to share him with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=866KbFchY_4

Plainsong
01-13-2013, 01:03 PM
my mind became a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

You use your tongue prettier than a 20 dollar whore. Are you a Heady Lamar shoe? :D

As for the vid, I dunno. It's used as a prop, and I (TRY) to play it as an instrument. I just play uke because I don't play something else.

addicted2myuke
01-13-2013, 02:14 PM
AWESOME!! Thanks for posting it. I'm still laughing. Actually he's a pretty decent ukulele player.

lancemanion
01-13-2013, 05:23 PM
You use your tongue prettier than a 20 dollar whore. Are you a Heady Lamar shoe?

Thanks, Plainsong. I was wondering how long it would take before a Mel Brooks fan came along.

As far as Wayne, he plays the uke "as an instrument" far better then most.

mds725
01-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Not to pick at the scars of another thread, but is Wayne Federman possibly the Tiny Tim of the new millennium?

Plainsong
01-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Thanks, Plainsong. I was wondering how long it would take before a Mel Brooks fan came along.

As far as Wayne, he plays the uke "as an instrument" far better then most.

I agree! It takes skill to do that. I just hate the whole "Hey, laugh at me because I know what I'm doing" thing. I guess I only like a very specific type of music humor. :(