Somebody Got Lost in a Storm -- Petey covers a folk song!

PeteyHoudini

Reaction score
Hey gang,

Here's my ukulele version of the traditional "Somebody Got Lost in a Storm." Joan Baez did a version of it a long way back. I ran across the song by accident in early 2012. I like how Joan Baez started off playing the ukulele before guitar. She's a class act. I've refurbished the song to be somewhat more interesting on the uke and to be a bit more optimistic. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUwiqavUQlE

cheerio!

Petey

Last edited:
another super arrangement Petey, so much dynamic, light and shade in your performances. Bravo!

Nice Petey. Also loved seeing you give the new 2 a workout!

Great job Peter ! Your voice fits perfectly well the sound of your style 2 ! Bravo !

Thanks everyone.

@pdxuke: I just love that style 2 of mine. I'm just starting to discover its playability potential! I worked out that bit of stormy strumming at the last minute before recording. Last year I bought Jake's "Play Loud Ukulele" DVD. It's worth mastering every one of his lessons. You can find them on YouTube as well, but I support the artist.

@Frax: Thanks. I think I've found the uke that best compliments my voice. Hey, you have a RISA stick! I'm going to get myself one of those, one of these days. :cool:

Petey

@Frax: Thanks. I think I've found the uke that best compliments my voice. Hey, you have a RISA stick! I'm going to get myself one of those, one of these days. :cool:

Thanks for the DVD-tip. Always appreciable !
Yeah, I just purchased it for New Year's Eve. I received it in a few days (sort of miracle in France !), well protected ; I think this uke's just great, perfectly accurate, great action for my hands, tremendous design... Plus, so mute when not plugged (my beloved wife should thank me sometime lol) which allows me to play more often that ever... lol
Only thing is, you have to get used to play without headstock (it wasn't such a big deal for myself though)...

That said, Keep going, we're waitin for your next performance ! ;)

Top Bottom