PDA

View Full Version : French International Ukulele Festival - June 2013

FIUL
01-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Hello everyone,

We're organizing the third edition of the FIUL (Festival International de Ukulélé de Lorraine), June 28th-30th 2013. It will take place in Charmois devant Bruyères, a small village of about 500 souls, located in the Vosges region (north-eastern France), famous for its stunning natural environment (mountains, pine forests, lakes and valleys) as well as its picturesque villages (churches, abbeys, castles)... the perfect place for this French ukulele Woodstock, inspired by Mainland Mike & Tookta's UWC!

Last year we welcomed a little more than 80 ukulele players from around the world (USA, UK, Scotland, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy, Australia,Norway and of course France) to play on the open mic stage and jam together. We also recorded a 31 track CD that is available on our website (free download). The FIUL is a fully free event, sponsored by ukulele brands such as Mainland Ukes (Indiana-USA), The Kamoa Ukulele Company (Hawaii-USA), MahiMahi Ukes (Italy), Aquila Strings (Italy), Savarez Strings (France), Dunlop (USA), Flea Market Music (USA), Syl'Uke (France), Ukulélébidon (France) and many others. Check out our website, www.fiul.fr, for more info (pictures, videos, mp3s, etc).

If you're interested in joining us register thru our website's contact form, or directly on festival.ukulele@gmail.com.

We hope to see you there!

Cheers,

we tigers
01-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Sounds cool!
I'm going to see if I can get the wife, kids, ukes and glock fit into our little Eriba and make the trip to France. Would be nice!

FIUL
01-13-2013, 10:59 PM
Good stuff, it would be great to have you with us! If you have any questions, don't hesitate, we'll be glad to answer them!
Have a good one!

Rel-Bar

hoosierhiver
01-14-2013, 02:16 AM
I'm definitely going to try to make it this year. I've always wanted to hillbilly it up in France.

Hms
01-14-2013, 04:57 AM
Oooh, and I have to drive through Rheims to get there!
h

FIUL
01-14-2013, 07:09 AM
That'd be tight, hillbillying Paris and the French country side! Our arms are ready to welcome you in good ol' France buddy! But we'll surely see each other in Brown County for UWC 5!

FIUL
01-14-2013, 07:10 AM
And driving thru Reims means downing Champagne! ;)

ukuLily Mars
01-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Ooh! Thanks for giving so much notice. I would love to come.

Pueo
01-14-2013, 10:01 AM
Un jour, j'espère y aller!

FIUL
01-14-2013, 11:10 AM
It sure would be great if you could come! We've had Americans each year, but not enough! We want more! ;)

FIUL
01-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Un jour peut-être!