I Am a Rock (Simon and Garfunkel)

Thanks, Mxyzptik! (Did I spell that correctly? Ha ha...)

Lovely! One of my favourite Paul Simon songs performed really well in an ideal setting for the song and I love how you are almost in silhouette, it really adds to the sense of isolation from others that the narrator of the song is outlining in the verses. Hiding behind his armour, and the walls he has built, the narrator never truly reveals himself and neither do you. :cool:

Mahalo, Nighthunte29! Thanks, Barbablanca! Love your description of the video. When it started to snow, this song came immediately to my mind. I hurriedly set up the camera, hoping to record the song before the snow stopped falling, but it continued to snow quite heavily for hours afterward!

That was great, John. You took a classic and made it new again!

Very well done. Thanks for sharing!

beautiful performance, John - I've always loved this song..... had a great literature teacher in high school who used it to explain existentialism to a bunch of 16 year old suburban kids. I love the trilled hammer ons and smooth vocals especially - an elegant, tender rendition....

Your vids are always so impressive, John! U choose such great covers, sing & play so well & have fabulous video artistry! I used to comment on most all of them, then i felt i was being redundant, so i backed off for some time.... well, this comment is for this one, and all of those i refrained from commenting on! Another **winner**, but... of course!! Keep 'em comin' for all of us fans out here! Sunny

I always liked that song. Nice job!

–Lori

Thanks, friends! Something about falling snow makes me want to sing and play the uke!

Thank you! I thought keeping it kind of "stark" would be better for the mood of the song, so no harmony or extra instrumentation...

Thanks, estreya! Thanks, pabrizzer! I really appreciate it!

Very nice - you've got the perfect voice for this John. Loved the little trills on the uke, too. I'm going to have to practice that little trick!

John

Top Bottom