Translating a certain song to Ukulele?

ahobday

Reaction score
I've got a couple of Deftones albums on my MP3 player, and every time I hear the vocals for Risk I think that it'd be a fantastic song to play and sing on my ukulele.

The problem is the instrumental side of things.

Here's the song, so you can see what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHYmbQGBdEs

It doesn't seem to be a particularly complicated song to play, on the guitar, but since I have almost no musical training whatsoever I have no idea where to start when it comes to translating this to ukulele.

I'm not saying I want to play every instrumental track on the ukulele - I really just want the right chords to sing along to - I think that's called the melody?

If there's a resource for figuring this out, I'd welcome any suggestions. I've looked up tabs, and none of them show chords - just straight tabs with strings and notes. There's also been no ukulele covers that I can find, which is not surprising.

If you want to find out (roughly) the Chords being played and you have access to a tablet or a smartphone with Android on it, then you could try the App AnySong Chord Recognition. - I don't know if it would handle jazzy 13ths, etc. I don't do them ;)... but it seems to do a good job on the basic chords on songs I've not found tabs for on the web (usually obscure Catalan artists).

The free version is limited in time, but it's usually long enough for verse and chorus. You can edit your song down to its basic structure with Audacity or something, play it via AnyChord and it'll map it our for you.

If you want to find out (roughly) the Chords being played and you have access to a tablet or a smartphone with Android on it, then you could try the App AnySong Chord Recognition. - I don't know if it would handle jazzy 13ths, etc. I don't do them ;)... but it seems to do a good job on the basic chords on songs I've not found tabs for on the web (usually obscure Catalan artists).

The free version is limited in time, but it's usually long enough for verse and chorus. You can edit your song down to its basic structure with Audacity or something, play it via AnyChord and it'll map it our for you.

Brilliant App! Worth every penny.

Top Bottom