lanikai koa concert?

bnolsen

Reaction score
I can grab one of these really cheap. I was wondering if it would be a good gift to give a pre-teen (10 year old) girl? I assume it might not be well set up out of the box?

Are you talking about the LKP-C or the NKC? The LKP is all laminate and the NKC is solid top. I have only seen the LKP and IMHO there is better concerts out there for that price range. (like the Ohana). Right out of the box is always iffy on those for step up. May be great but may not. Can you check it out first?

Okay, it's the LKP-C, a craigslist posting. A little bit of travel required to get there. I really don't need this though but it's priced ~1/3 of what it is on the 'net.

You can never tell...but I'd be wary...just to buy a uke and save and find out it is not playable would not be saving money....
first ask yourself why would someone sell a good uke??? hmmm

If you are prepared for the possibility that you need to adjust the nut and saddle, file a few fret ends, check it out. A very pretty beginners uke.

I can grab one of these really cheap. I was wondering if it would be a good gift to give a pre-teen (10 year old) girl? I assume it might not be well set up out of the box?

If you want a koa sounding ukulele for about 185.00 minus a 15.00 PayPal discount you can get a properly setup KPK solid acacia ukulele. They are really a great valued instrument with a lovely sound.

I say get it without delay. Lanikai is not some some people's cup of tea, but they're very consistently built and set up from the factory.

Last edited:
Didn't get it. I delayed because I really dont need it and the person selling it was first time craigslister, they didn't wait around for me. No crying here though, but 50USD for the concert lanikai, gig bag and tuner was a good deal. Cheapest I could find for that package online was 150USD.

Top Bottom