Enjoy The Silence (Depeche Mode Cover)

Very nice. I thought I was the only person that liked ukulele and Depeche Mode. I sometimes play Waiting for the Night.

very nice cover..... I can imagine it would be a difficult tune to arrange for ukulele, but I dig the minimal style.... I loved that record, though I haven't listened to it in years - their best offering, I think.... I'll have to dig it out and give it a spin. And make it four - I like playing 'Personal Jesus', though more in the style of Johnny Cash.....

Thanks Skidoo and Eric! :)

@Skidoo: Personal Jesus is also on our list, both versions DM and Cash are great

No, 4! Love DM! Sadly, I don't know a single song of theirs to play on uke. :(

I keep begging my husband to finally want a bari uke. Maybe, maybe this is the song! One can hope.

It's such a challenge to strip down one of their songs, because there's so much going on in them. Great job on this one.

It's not that I only love the song, I really like your cover ! Shoulda been uneasy to decide on the arrangement indeed (long brainstorming ?)... and you have such a lovely voice...
Minimalist ? Maybe, but in a perfect way !
Bravo ! =)

No, 4! Love DM! Sadly, I don't know a single song of theirs to play on uke. :(

I keep begging my husband to finally want a bari uke. Maybe, maybe this is the song! One can hope.

It's such a challenge to strip down one of their songs, because there's so much going on in them. Great job on this one.

Thank you! Best luck with the baritone uke!:)

It's not that I only love the song, I really like your cover ! Shoulda been uneasy to decide on the arrangement indeed (long brainstorming ?)... and you have such a lovely voice...
Minimalist ? Maybe, but in a perfect way !
Bravo ! =)

Thanks Frax! To be honest this was one of the quickest recordings ever. We played the songs for about two hours. Usually we play songs for some days before recording.:)

Nice! We're certainly more than three or four.

Thank you, Optofonik! Yes, nice to see that there's a little crowd. We love to do different music styles (usually we do jazz standards). It's interesting how different styles evoke different members of the UU.
:D

Top Bottom