PDA

View Full Version : Perserverence and the Refresh Button= A Moore Bettah Day...

mm stan
01-14-2013, 09:41 PM
Yup I was the other Moore Better Winner....thought my refresh button would have broken down...LOL So Glad the Danny Got one too..Yes Yes
Two UU members scored this time big...woo hoo
Actually I did not know I won till the next day, I was all tired out being
on line most of the day and went to sleep....the next morning I checked my email and saw I got a email from Chuckie...and I was one
of the winners....I was blown away man..
A day later it arrived, Chuckie had sent it express delivery..it was well
packed and took me a while to get it out of the box....as I opened the case(nice case), I was shocked and amazed of the craftsmanship and beauty...Wow, I thought....the best materials, the experience and knowledge in the craftsmanship I thought...it took me a while to get my breath and look it over, not a thing wrong and simply perfect..
also the gloss finish as to a mirror reflection...the best I ever saw on a ukulele...and many have gone through these hands...
I can see how much work and love went into this instrument and without even a flaw....best of the best and rare materials...One thing
struck my eye first of all, my last name starts with a "M" and Chuckie
had inlayed a "M" for Moore Bettah Ukes...so who is gonna know it was not for me..ha ha
I think Chuckie has proven to everyone, you can build a beautiful ukulele and a great sounding one too...many times as ukers and buyers
we search for this with no avail....As I picked it up and tuned it, even
without the strings broken in yet it sounded amazing..I just simply cannot put this uke down....It sounds amazing...perfect intonation on
all strings at the 12th fret...he is a master's master at this..I had always thought I could do a good set up, but this is even way beyond
me for sure I thought...
Okay for sound, It is a sound monster with great volume, clear notes and note separation, Sweet bright tone, nice long substain, great resonation, good punch and response and big sound..
At this time, I want to Thank Mr Moore for the great work he has put into my ukulele and all the ukes he builds....he puts his heart and soul
in every instrument...Truely amazing...I hope anyone who can afford and wants one too will have the oppertunity one day...Congrats to Danny too..
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad222/ukestan/moorebettahdays005_zps5191a58e.jpg
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad222/ukestan/moorebettahdays001_zps814e927d-1_zps393f4129.jpg
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad222/ukestan/moorebettahdays003_zps13a437fa.jpg
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad222/ukestan/moorebettahdays002_zps75fa13e1.jpg

consitter
01-14-2013, 10:02 PM
WOW!!! You are the luckiest man alive! What a beautiful ukulele. You truly deserve it. Congratulations, and as a good friend of mine says, "Happy Strummings!"

BIGDB
01-14-2013, 10:15 PM
NICE!! just a question about those side wholes when you play them can you notice a difference in a the side whole compared to a standard one?

Congrats again on winning

mm stan
01-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Thank Your gang...yes the off set sound hole gives the soundboard a little more resonation area I believe..

guitharsis
01-15-2013, 12:12 AM
Congrats Stan! Beautiful design and absolutely gorgeous unique woods used. Enjoy!

foxfair
01-15-2013, 12:15 AM
Congrats Stan! yay a wonderful uke for a wonderful man. The best combination in the start of 2013!

consitter
01-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Hey Stan...how bout a pic of the headstock?

NewKid
01-15-2013, 01:24 AM
Congrats Stan! How are you going to be able to play anything else now? Please PM me to sell your Koa Compass Rose! :)

geetee
01-15-2013, 01:52 AM
Whoa! Congratulations, Man. How's that wound low G working for you?

Doc_J
01-15-2013, 02:01 AM
Congrats Stan!

I'm so happy for you. That Milo and Bearclaw spruce tenor are absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for the pics.

kvehe
01-15-2013, 02:39 AM
Amazing!!!!!!!!!

mketom
01-15-2013, 02:57 AM
Wow Stan! Congratulations!!! Good things come to those who wait! And such beautiful Milo! Fit for a king. Long live King Stan!

dnewton2
01-15-2013, 03:03 AM
So you ready to sell your other ukes now? I know I have a hard time picking any of my other ukes up when I have a Moore Bettah. Congrats on the new uke, I know you wanted one real bad.

vanflynn
01-15-2013, 03:08 AM
Holy Moly Stan. That's one beautiful uke. Love to see some pics of the neck

You home must be getting crowded with ukuleles these days. If you need a place to store some,............... (just sayin)

Congrats and much happy music together.

wickedwahine11
01-15-2013, 03:37 AM
Those beautiful Moore Bettah ukes could not have gone to two nicer, better people. :)

thesillydave
01-15-2013, 04:06 AM
congrats stan! it looks beautiful! hope it finds you healthy and full of song this year!

Steedy
01-15-2013, 04:16 AM
Congratulations, Bruddah Stan! What a gorgeous uke! So cool that both winners are forum members.

mattydee
01-15-2013, 04:17 AM
Gorgeous! Congrats Stan on a beautiful instrument.

ksiegel
01-15-2013, 04:56 AM
She's an absolute beauty, Stan. Congratulations!

So are you ready to part with the Harmony Vita Uke, now?

-Kurt

Fuzzy
01-15-2013, 05:00 AM
Congratulations!!

That looks like a mighty comfy chair, too...

HBolte
01-15-2013, 05:04 AM
Wow! Congrats!

mds725
01-15-2013, 05:10 AM
Congratulations, Stan! I don't think this ukulele could have found a more appreciative home than yours. I know it will be loved.

Now that you have a Moore Bettah, please PM me your secret to refreshing the Moore Bettah "for sale" webpage on your computer so that I can score the next Moore Bettah that goes up for sale. :) Thanks!

Patrick Madsen
01-15-2013, 05:46 AM
Just a confirmation that what goes around comes around. You and Danny are two of the nicest people I've never met. Congrats Three Feathers, the winds blew your way.

AKuker
01-15-2013, 06:15 AM
Congratulations, Stan! What a beauty.

mm stan
01-15-2013, 06:30 AM
Mahalo Gang,
Moore Bettah Days are here, what a way to start off 2013...love this ukulele and all if you for the congrats....here is a picture of the neck....
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad222/ukestan/moorebettahdays001_zps814e927d-1_zps393f4129.jpg

Dan Uke
01-15-2013, 06:30 AM
Ahhhh Bruddah Stan,

I was wondering who got the fraternal twin and was perplexed a little when Staci said congrats to the two winner...Now knowing that it is you makes be proud to say we have a connection. I'm might have to bring my uke when I visit my in-laws so that they can meet. I also feel closer to you knowing that you used to work at my favorite eatery in Hawaii, ZIPPYS!! I'm surprised you not no blalah working there...oh so ono!! LOL

mm stan
01-15-2013, 06:48 AM
Whoa! Congratulations, Man. How's that wound low G working for you?
Aloha Greg,
I have not played a Lo G in a while....did not take me long to get reaquainted back though...all this time I though I was sold on re entrant,lol ...Chuckie changed me on that for the good
You know I had another Bear claw spruce and it was a custom too.. no where near this one and it was so brash and loud, All I can say is Chuckie has the knowledge to prove to me it is Not
only the wood itself, but how the luthier builds that affects the tone of a Ukulele....

PedalFreak
01-15-2013, 06:50 AM
Congrats Stan!

erivel
01-15-2013, 06:52 AM
Wow Stan, congrats!! It's stunning!

dkcrown
01-15-2013, 06:54 AM
Now that the cat is out of the bag Stan, CONGRATULATIONS! You will be hard pressed to put that one down to play your other ukes.

mm stan
01-15-2013, 06:55 AM
Holy Moly Stan. That's one beautiful uke. Love to see some pics of the neck

You home must be getting crowded with ukuleles these days. If you need a place to store some,............... (just sayin)

Congrats and much happy music together.
Aloha Jim,
The Macademia Nut fretboard and flamed Koa veneer headstock and binding is simply breathtaking... yes I need a bigger house, he he
you know I have been sick for most of 2012 and have not played much...this will change all that.....

mm stan
01-15-2013, 06:58 AM
She's an absolute beauty, Stan. Congratulations!

So are you ready to part with the Harmony Vita Uke, now?

-Kurt

Aloha Kurt,
Outta all my ukuleles, you still remember my Harmony Vita Uke. LOL
yes I gotta admit, that one is a keeper too:o it I ever sell it, you will
get first dibs for sure...:)

mm stan
01-15-2013, 07:00 AM
Aloha Mark,
Nice to have two home pages....oh I say too much:) well I got one and should give others a chance to get one....

mketom
01-15-2013, 07:02 AM
please PM me your secret to refreshing the Moore Bettah "for sale" webpage on your computer so that I can score the next Moore Bettah that goes up for sale. :) Thanks!

Here's a helpful hint that worked for me - you gotta get up really early on a Sunday. And your "F5" key will reload the webpage so you see the latest update.

Being nice to your neighbors is always helpful too. :)

mm stan
01-15-2013, 07:06 AM
Ahhhh Bruddah Stan,

I was wondering who got the fraternal twin and was perplexed a little when Staci said congrats to the two winner...Now knowing that it is you makes be proud to say we have a connection. I'm might have to bring my uke when I visit my in-laws so that they can meet. I also feel closer to you knowing that you used to work at my favorite eatery in Hawaii, ZIPPYS!! I'm surprised you not no blalah working there...oh so ono!! LOL
Aloha Bruddah Danny,
yes bring your ukulele on your next vacation here....the twins may need to get reaquainted for shua... wow you remember I worked there...I think I only mentioned I worked at zippys
in high school over 2 1/2 years ago....you shua get one good memory...Have a Moore Bettah Days and Happy Strummings....

Hiddencross
01-15-2013, 07:17 AM
Congrats Stan. What a beautiful instrument.

hawaii 50
01-15-2013, 07:38 AM
You lucky buggah!

molokinirum
01-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Wow Stan.......what a BEAUTY!!! You deserve it brah.
Need some sound clips!!!

Newportlocal
01-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Wow Stan just wow. This truly couldn't have happened to a better guy. You are very deserving. So very very happy for you!

Hippie Dribble
01-15-2013, 07:51 AM
wow Stan, what a beauty. hearty congrats Bruddah, I know you will treasure this instrument, and if there was anyone who deserved the good fortune to own one of these it's you mate. :)

mm stan
01-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Mahalo Gang, Hiddencross, Lenny, Eugene, Richie and Freddy and all....woo hoo this uke is a sound monster...and I just cannot put it down....amazing tone and craftsmanship...
thank you for the congrats and so kind words to you all.....Happy Strummings... wooooooooooohooooooooooooo:music::shaka::smileybou nce:
I may have pematurely worn out the strings already and noticed my callous on my finger is harder now....ha ha

The Big Kahuna
01-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Dumb idea putting a side hole in that Uke...it'll just fill with drool.

23skidoo
01-15-2013, 08:49 AM
Wow, Stan - I've got to say I've always admired MB ukuleles but there's usually a little too much 'bling' for me.... they're beautifully made and sound phenomenal, but I guess I'm a 'less is more' kind of guy when it comes to wood grain and inlay choices on stringed instruments. That being said - I think that's one of the prettiest ukuleles I've ever seen, especially knowing how good it must sound. Couldn't have gone to a nicer guy - enjoy it well....

Mandarb
01-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the Moore Bettah family - enjoy!

Plainsong
01-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Around the world, there are "Stan finally got a MB!" parties. :D

I know what you mean about inlays that look like they're your initial even though they're not. My family just assumes the K on my Kanile'a is for Kim. Yeah sure, I got that custom. Yeah, that's how I roll. ;)

But what I want to know is... now that you have a MB, which uke is your favorite?

Kanaka916
01-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Brah, I stay sendin you my address so you can sen da buggah to me. No foget, pack 'um good so no move around and shake. N put da humidifier inside. An den send me da routing numbah so I can track 'em.

Kanaka916
01-15-2013, 09:08 AM
OH mo bettah yet, no send 'um. Leave 'um yo house n I goin come pick 'em up. Leave da front doah unlock so I can get inside.

sukie
01-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Done shopping then, eh MM?

Welcome to the family!

Bob Bledsoe
01-15-2013, 09:15 AM
What a beautiful ukulele. Congrats Stan! These ukes went to the right people.

pcspud
01-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Congrats on a stunning ukulele!!

mm stan
01-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Dumb idea putting a side hole in that Uke...it'll just fill with drool.

Aloha Kahuna,
I wore my special ukie bib for that....LOL gotta admit Chuckies one
amazing luthier...the craftmanship and tone is awesome...:drool:

mm stan
01-15-2013, 09:46 AM
Wow, Stan - I've got to say I've always admired MB ukuleles but there's usually a little too much 'bling' for me.... they're beautifully made and sound phenomenal, but I guess I'm a 'less is more' kind of guy when it comes to wood grain and inlay choices on stringed instruments. That being said - I think that's one of the prettiest ukuleles I've ever seen, especially knowing how good it must sound. Couldn't have gone to a nicer guy - enjoy it well....

Yes Yes I like this Moore Bettah...because it has not too much bling....the simplicity makes it real desirable...maybe my next MB will have more bling...Hee hee
thank you for the kind words and congrats...yes it is amazing and I am one happy uker...friends like you all make this a certainly lovely place to be...:)

mm stan
01-15-2013, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=Mandarb;1153717]Welcome to the Moore Bettah family - enjoy![/QUOTE

Mahalo for welcoming me in the MB Ohana....it is certainly an honor for sure...

mm stan
01-15-2013, 09:48 AM
Around the world, there are "Stan finally got a MB!" parties. :D

I know what you mean about inlays that look like they're your initial even though they're not. My family just assumes the K on my Kanile'a is for Kim. Yeah sure, I got that custom. Yeah, that's how I roll. ;)

But what I want to know is... now that you have a MB, which uke is your favorite?

Aloha Kimmy,
Ukes are like my babies...I love them all to death.......LOL :)

mm stan
01-15-2013, 09:51 AM
Brah, I stay sendin you my address so you can sen da buggah to me. No foget, pack 'um good so no move around and shake. N put da humidifier inside. An den send me da routing numbah so I can track 'em.

Mahalo Bruddah Danny,
I had to keep quiet...LOL you might have intercepted it :) LOL you know what, When Chuckie wen pack um, it made shua the buggah no move...great packing wit da best materials..
and even got a Herco and t shirt....man da man knows how to roll.....he may even be the real santa....

mm stan
01-15-2013, 09:53 AM
OH mo bettah yet, no send 'um. Leave 'um yo house n I goin come pick 'em up. Leave da front doah unlock so I can get inside.

Hey brah you can come ova and play um anytime...but I have bought a security video system and a metal scanner from TSA .......lah

mm stan
01-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Done shopping then, eh MM?

Welcome to the family!

Aloha Susan,

thank you for the welcome to the MB ohana.... done shopping?....he he :) naughty laugh....

mm stan
01-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Aloha Bob,
Mahalo for the kind words and congrats...I hope you and everyone could have one too...this is my mid age gift for shua..

mm stan
01-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Congrats on a stunning ukulele!!

Aloha Pcspud,
Mahalo on the congrats....Danny and I are truely fortunate to win these amazing ukes.....TG

Canoe Lady
01-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Congrats Stan! You must be thrilled! Think you'll ever need to buy another uke as long as you live?

mm stan
01-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Congrats Stan! You must be thrilled! Think you'll ever need to buy another uke as long as you live?

Aloha Diane,
Only if it's another Moore Bettah One....thank you for the congrats....hope you having a great vacation up there in colorado...stay safe and have fun..

hawaii 50
01-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Aloha Diane,
Only if it's another Moore Bettah One....thank you for the congrats....hope you having a great vacation up there in colorado...stay safe and have fun..

You lucky buggah! Lol

Tigeralum2001
01-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Woah, I take time off from UU and Stan gets a Moore Bettah? Congrats, Stan, if anyone should get one, it is you. You are one of my ukulele heroes and I look to you as an expert and ambassador of the uke.

That said, if you ever grow bored of it, you have plenty of people willing to buy it.

Joshypogi
01-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Congrats Stan, your most fitting and rightful to own this beauty!!! Really jealous can I take a look in person? lol

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
01-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Ah, that beautiful uke gets to live with Stan. I think it's the uke that's lucky. Congrats!!!

Nickie
01-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Congratulations my friend! What a beautiful peice of art...now I have a question...every uke I have seen pics of from Chuck is lovely, but are all tenors. Does he ever build a concert (my size)?

oh, and one more question, can I play it when I come to Hawaii?

OldePhart
01-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Suuuwwweeeeeet!

I'm not jealous. Not even a litlle. Well...maybe just a little...

patfia
01-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Fantastic Stan! Couldn't have happened to a "Bettah" guy.

costaricadave
01-15-2013, 02:41 PM
AWESOME!!!! So glad you got one!!! You truly deserve it!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine! It's a really pretty one!!! Chuck is the man!!

tigersister
01-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Congrats, Stan! It's truly beautiful. I love the pattern on the top. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

remy26
01-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Holy Crud! I'm jealous.

That's a really nice ukulele. I haven't been on here long, but I've already realized how big of a help you are around here. You certainly deserve it!

KimosTherapy
01-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Ho! Ahnko Stan!!!

CONGRATS on your new supah stunning MB uke!:cheers: I stay so happy fo you - cause it couldn't have happened to one bettah/nicer bruddah! You deserve fo win one Moore Bettah uke!!!

Was good fun fo talk story wit' you da oddah day wen you wen go find out dat you was one of da lucky buggahs fo go win da right fo buy one Moore Bettah uke! I thought someting was fishy cause dat one day you was logged on to da UU fo 10- 12 hours straight! Den you wen go tell me you was so exhausted dat you wen go fall asleep ... but wen go wake up da next morning fo find one e-mail from Ahnko Chuck wit' da good news!

I wen go keep my promise ... I nevah tell anybody about da good news of your MB acquisition! .... Believe me, I wanted fo tell everybody really, really bad! Wasn't easy fo keep my mouth shut! :biglaugh:

Right on, Ahnko! Enjoy dat cherry Moore Bettah uke and "Happy Strummings!!!"

mm stan
01-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Woah, I take time off from UU and Stan gets a Moore Bettah? Congrats, Stan, if anyone should get one, it is you. You are one of my ukulele heroes and I look to you as an expert and ambassador of the uke.

That said, if you ever grow bored of it, you have plenty of people willing to buy it.

Mahalo for the kind words brother....I cannot seem to put this uke down.......I hope you get one too.....and this is a keeper for sure......

mm stan
01-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Congrats Stan, your most fitting and rightful to own this beauty!!! Really jealous can I take a look in person? lol

Aloha Jason,
Hey brah you wen score two winna's too ....I wen see um.....oh man, they look sweet too...maybe I can test strum the pepe and Ko'olau...you know I neva played a pepe before....
Mahalo plenty on da kind words....no can put dis uke down, get plenty mana in dis one...

mm stan
01-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Mahalo Plenty Ron,
I say I love all my ukes equally like kids, but this one is so hard to hide my love for it.....if you make it this way, you can play them brother...mahalo fo da kind words...

mm stan
01-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Aloha Nickie,
When you come to hawaii, I will let you play all my ukes till your fingers fall off girl....oh Chuckie does not make too Many Concerts, and prefers sopranos and Tenors...But Suki
has an amazing Flamingo Super Concert....oh girl to die for....go PM Suki to send you some pictures or go to chuckies link Gallery....scroll down on this Link...the second one..
http://www.moorebettahukes.com/GALLERY.html

mm stan
01-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Aloha John,
Hey bruddah sweeter than apple pie.... I hit my mid life crisis and just said I needed one....you only live once....you know I have no regrets...
mahalo for the nice words.....

mm stan
01-15-2013, 05:12 PM
Fantastic Stan! Couldn't have happened to a "Bettah" guy.
Aloha Pat,
Mahalo plenty....for the nice words, Mo bettah get one too...you never gonna regret it....

mm stan
01-15-2013, 05:15 PM
Congrats, Stan! It's truly beautiful. I love the pattern on the top. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

Aloha Sistah,
Mahalo Plenty for the congrats.....yes the bear claw spruce top is at the right thickness and with the offset soundhole makes it resonates so well....this one is a keeper for sure...
wow you live in the same town as Pat....cool

mm stan
01-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Holy Crud! I'm jealous.

That's a really nice ukulele. I haven't been on here long, but I've already realized how big of a help you are around here. You certainly deserve it!
Aloha Remy,
Welcome to the UU forums....I must have skipped you....soo sorry...Mahalo plenty too for the kinds words, wish you can try this sound monster out...WOW

myrnaukelele
01-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Stunningly beautiful! It was meant for you. Congratulations and Happy Strumming:o

mm stan
01-15-2013, 05:21 PM
You lucky buggah! Lol
Aloha Bruddah Lenny,
Mahalo Plenty....dis buggah is da winnas it just draws me to play it every time.....no worries you can play um wen you move back to da islands...no for get to bring all your awesome ukes too...
Happy Strummings Bruddah..

mm stan
01-15-2013, 05:25 PM
AWESOME!!!! So glad you got one!!! You truly deserve it!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine! It's a really pretty one!!! Chuck is the man!!

Aloha Dave,
Hey wen you coming back to da islands the waves should be happening....hee hee and no forget to post pictures of yours too...I never see it yet....mahalo Plenty for the sooo kind words..
You Bet, Chuckie is da Man....nothing like his ukes that I ever seen or played...love da light weight build too....every attention and detail taken care of...

mm stan
01-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Ho! Ahnko Stan!!!

CONGRATS on your new supah stunning MB uke!:cheers: I stay so happy fo you - cause it couldn't have happened to one bettah/nicer bruddah! You deserve fo win one Moore Bettah uke!!!

Was good fun fo talk story wit' you da oddah day wen you wen go find out dat you was one of da lucky buggahs fo go win da right fo buy one Moore Bettah uke! I thought someting was fishy cause dat one day you was logged on to da UU fo 10- 12 hours straight! Den you wen go tell me you was so exhausted dat you wen go fall asleep ... but wen go wake up da next morning fo find one e-mail from Ahnko Chuck wit' da good news!

I wen go keep my promise ... I nevah tell anybody about da good news of your MB acquisition! .... Believe me, I wanted fo tell everybody really, really bad! Wasn't easy fo keep my mouth shut! :biglaugh:

Right on, Ahnko! Enjoy dat cherry Moore Bettah uke and "Happy Strummings!!!"

Wassup Bruddah Kimo..
Mahalo Plenty for the kind words and keep it mum.....I had to tell my main bruddah, always a pleasure taking to you... she stay so sweet....I can truely say dis iz da one....

mm stan
01-15-2013, 05:33 PM
Stunningly beautiful! It was meant for you. Congratulations and Happy Strumming:o

Aloha Myrna,
Long time no hear sistah....so how it shaking.....hope you been well and wearing them strings out....hee hee Mahalo Plenty for the kind words and congrats...
Hope you had a awesome holiday season and have a Happy New Year..... Keep Strumming them Strings....

ukegirl
01-15-2013, 05:40 PM
Made my day to see you won!!!!!!!!

mm stan
01-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Aloha Jamie,
Mahalo Plenty Girl.. thank you for sharing my happiness....hope you get to try one out soon too....it is amazing...of course if you take a vacation, I can make sure you try mine..
wow you are up kinda late girl...have a great rest and talk to you soon...

hawaii 50
01-16-2013, 07:41 AM
You lucky buggah!! Lol

Hey CJ(tigeralum2001) is in my class at Ukulele Jams in San Jose..real nice guy..he gots the hots for a Moore Bettah i hope he gets one soon too!

and this MB was an early birthday present!! you lucky you know what Haha
maybe for Xmas you can get lucky again and get another one ho ho ho!

keep strumming..

didgeridoo2
01-16-2013, 07:57 AM
That's a gorgeous acquisition, Stan! I'm real happy for you and Daniel. Two great guys get lovely ukes to bring em joy. Congrats!

Pueo
01-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Excellent choice of ukulele Stan!
Someday I hope to join the Moore Bettah ohana.

I need to bring all my ukuleles over to your place and we can play for a while!

mm stan
01-16-2013, 10:40 AM
You lucky buggah!! Lol

Hey CJ(tigeralum2001) is in my class at Ukulele Jams in San Jose..real nice guy..he gots the hots for a Moore Bettah i hope he gets one soon too!

and this MB was an early birthday present!! you lucky you know what Haha
maybe for Xmas you can get lucky again and get another one ho ho ho!

keep strumming..
Aloha Lenny,
Still Pinching myself man....yes it's a real nice present for this year ....wow did not know CJ was in your class....did you guys ever meet Neil there...I know he lives there too.
I'm over the middle ager hill...LOL I wish I get lucky soon, and you too...Ha Ha mahalo plenty.....:)

mm stan
01-16-2013, 10:47 AM
That's a gorgeous acquisition, Stan! I'm real happy for you and Daniel. Two great guys get lovely ukes to bring em joy. Congrats!
Aloha Jeff,
Plenty Mahalo's for the congrats.....yup so nice that UU forum members scored the win this time....hope that happens moore often.... Happy Strummings Man:)

mm stan
01-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Excellent choice of ukulele Stan!
Someday I hope to join the Moore Bettah ohana.

I need to bring all my ukuleles over to your place and we can play for a while!
Aloha Bruddah Damon,
Ho brah you stay here dat long and we neva hook up yet....Yeah been a very bad year healthwise for me...glad 2012 is gone, but I was even sick on new Year and that week....shoots
Hope you stay on Chuckies List...no hurt at least if you can get on now......My uke is a sound monster...love it to death, and it is a keeper to da end fo shua.. Mahalo Plenty and A Hui Ho:)

hawaii 50
01-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Aloha Lenny,
Still Pinching myself man....yes it's a real nice present for this over ....wow did not know CJ was in your class....did you guys ever meet Neil there...I know he lives there too.
the middle ager hill...LOL I wish I get lucky soon, and you too...Ha Ha mahalo plenty.....:)

Yeah i know Gyosh too..he waiting for his Compass Rose but if he could i am sure he would have a hard time turning down a MB

we all going visit you when we can..and see all the Stan ukes..

i told you everybody would be Happy for you..

Markr1
01-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Congratulations Stan. That is a beauty for sure! I'm happy as can be you and Daniel got one. Enjoy the heck out of it!

mm stan
01-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Yeah i know Gyosh too..he waiting for his Compass Rose but if he could i am sure he would have a hard time turning down a MB

we all going visit you when we can..and see all the Stan ukes..

i told you everybody would be Happy for you..
Aloha Lenny,
I hear alot of you are getting Ricky's ukes....congrats I know he is making some nice ukes too....I have some other plans to but cannot reveal them now....LOL MUM is the word....

mm stan
01-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Congratulations Stan. That is a beauty for sure! I'm happy as can be you and Daniel got one. Enjoy the heck out of it!

Aloha Mark,
Hope you feeling moore Bettah.....mahalo plenty for the congrats and Kind words...I certainly hope you can get on Chuckies List....wow I think I may have worn the strings out already...hee hee

Nickie
01-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Strings, hell, I hope you wear out the uke! I still havne't heard if I will get to play it if I come to hawaii...???

bbqribs
01-16-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm very happy for you, Stan

experimentjon
01-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Hey Stan,
Congrats on the awesome new uke!

mm stan
01-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Strings, hell, I hope you wear out the uke! I still havne't heard if I will get to play it if I come to hawaii...???
Aloha Nickie,
You need a vacation to Hawaii...and you can certainly play my ukes...yup I am wearing out them strings....but I will put new ones when you come...mahalo plenty

mm stan
01-17-2013, 01:45 AM
I'm very happy for you, Stan

Aloha Susan,
Mahalo Plenty....Moore Bettah you come on a vacation too......Yes I am enjoying my new Moore Bettah

mm stan
01-17-2013, 01:47 AM
Hey Stan,
Congrats on the awesome new uke!
Howzit Jon,
Long time no hear...did you grad yet?? Mahalo plenty for the congrats......I hope you get one too, it's an amazing uke...

ukuleledaveey
01-17-2013, 02:10 AM
wow what a beauty, congrats Stan, so did you win it in a contest ? hope this is a good year for you mate, all the best from me and that is a gorgeous looking uke, well done :)

rubber necker
01-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Very nice!!

hawaii 50
01-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Aloha Lenny,
I hear alot of you are getting Ricky's ukes....congrats I know he is making some nice ukes too....I have some other plans to but cannot reveal them now....LOL MUM is the word....

Aloha Bruddah Stan..Yeah Rick kind of busy these days..i have met most of his new CR customers on UU..i can not wait until they all get their new ukes..they know who they are..should be soon..

Rick going to have some new ukes at NAMM ..jazz ukes with edgeburst(is this a word) finish,some cutaways and barritone ukes..wish i could see them all..should be different

i am sure we all would love to have a MB like you.. you lucky buggah! Lol

mm stan
01-17-2013, 09:01 AM
wow what a beauty, congrats Stan, so did you win it in a contest ? hope this is a good year for you mate, all the best from me and that is a gorgeous looking uke, well done :)
Mahalo Plenty Davey,
I just won the lottery to purchase one of Chuckies ukuleles by calling in first.....got so lucky on this one....I really did my best and was on all day checking his link for his posting....
many thank yous for the congrats and kind words...Hope you are doing fine...take care...

mm stan
01-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Very nice!!

Mahalo Plenty RN,
Yes Chuckie makes the most beautiful and beautiful sounding ukuleles.....wow :)

mm stan
01-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Aloha Bruddah Stan..Yeah Rick kind of busy these days..i have met most of his new CR customers on UU..i can not wait until they all get their new ukes..they know who they are..should be soon..

Rick going to have some new ukes at NAMM ..jazz ukes with edgeburst(is this a word) finish,some cutaways and barritone ukes..wish i could see them all..should be different

i am sure we all would love to have a MB like you.. you lucky buggah! Lol
Aloha Lenny,
Yes I am waiting to try your Custom Ricky....I know how much you put your mind on thinking what you wanted on it....and glad you ordered it before Ricky raises his prices...
I know how much they cost too and can almost Guess how much you paid for yours.. Congrats too....

hawaii 50
01-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Aloha Lenny,
Yes I am waiting to try your Custom Ricky....I know how much you put your mind on thinking what you wanted on it....and glad you ordered it before Ricky raises his prices...
I know how much they cost too and can almost Guess how much you paid for yours.. Congrats too....

No problem Stan..just as long as i can try your beautiful MB wow..

hey my Tony Graziano tenor uke opening up nicely..sounding better all the time..i put on those TN strings i got from Pua Pua..i like it..

mm stan
01-17-2013, 09:19 AM
No problem Stan..just as long as i can try your beautiful MB wow..

hey my Tony Graziano tenor uke opening up nicely..sounding better all the time..i put on those TN strings i got from Pua Pua..i like it..

Hey are you teasing me with your Tony Graziano Tenor?? you know how weak I am about resisting to buy one...LOL :o

hawaii 50
01-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Hey are you teasing me with your Tony Graziano Tenor?? you know how weak I am about resisting to buy one...LOL :o

I bring it to you also..as long as i can play your MB..LOL
you know Tony been building almost as long as Rick..the difference i think Tony only ukes..and some guitars

mm stan
01-17-2013, 09:41 AM
I bring it to you also..as long as i can play your MB..LOL
you know Tony been building almost as long as Rick..the difference i think Tony only ukes..and some guitars

I know my friend "D" has one too....I am so jealous...:)

hawaii 50
01-17-2013, 09:59 AM
I know my friend "D" has one too....I am so jealous...:)

Aloha Stan..
Tony not in the mainstream of the ukulele world but he likes it like that..builds great ukuleles..and his waiting list not too long..very laidback..paddle boards 5/6 times a week in Santa Cruz..

mo9090x
01-18-2013, 09:04 PM
Congrats Stan! How lucky, incredible and deserving that you get an MB. A perfect home :)

Tonya
02-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Wowser, Stan. This is truly a lovely instrument--even by Moore Bettah standards. Enjoy strumming and smiling in 2013 (and 2014, and 2015 and 2016...).

mm stan
02-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Aloha Ukalady Tonya,
Mahalo Plenty for the congrats and kind words...it is an amazing ukulele and I love it so much, Big Smiles:)...wow I hear you got one too....any pic's Happy Strummings Girl...:smileybounce:

jinsk90
02-08-2013, 02:16 PM
holy crap... look at that bearclaw.... I'm jealous Stan... really.. I'm sure it sounds amazing... congrats!!!

uluapoundr
02-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Congrats on a beautiful uke! I've often wondered what I would take from my home if there was a natural disaster, my MB is high on the list, right above food and water!

mm stan
02-08-2013, 04:18 PM
holy crap... look at that bearclaw.... I'm jealous Stan... really.. I'm sure it sounds amazing... congrats!!!
Oh brah...this is uke is in another level...heaven... it sounds amazing and broke in quite fast...let me say, I play this uke differently because of the high quailty and the craftmanship and mirror finish....Milo and Bearclaw spruce is a good combination sound wise.. you gotta get one....fo shua

mm stan
02-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Congrats on a beautiful uke! I've often wondered what I would take from my home if there was a natural disaster, my MB is high on the list, right above food and water!
Mahalo Plenty.....Yes Bruddah, Your Takeo ukulele is amazing too....I love the koi....I will be getting one like dat soon....Chuckie is da best brah....no if's and buts..Happy Strummings...