The new aquila red series uke sets are on the way: Some volunteers please?

mimmo

Reaction score
Caldogno, Northen Italy (50 Km far from Venice)
Hello Guys,
The new high tech Red Series ukulele sets are here.
They are made following a very new concept: instead to change the gauges of the 4 strings we change the density of each string keeping all the gauges very similar. Why?
Well, the well know rule is: thicker the string, duler the sound.
This is why the 1st string is always brilliant, the second a bit less and third is usaually the worst; i.e. the duller. By mean of different copper powder amount the density of each can be optimized to obtain the best balance. Ukes plays like harps now.

Hello Guys,
The new high tech Red Series ukulele sets are here.
They are made following a very new concept: instead to change the gauges of the 4 strings we change the density of each string keeping all the gauges very similar. Why?
Well, the well know rule is: thicker the string, duler the sound.
This is why the 1st string is always brilliant, the second a bit less and third is usaually the worst; i.e. the duller. By mean of different copper powder amount the density of each can be optimized to obtain the best balance. Ukes plays like harps now.
http://youtu.be/WjtNI-r51Gw

may I, please, ask for a few volunteers ables to test these new sets in a indipendent way? I want 10 guys almost. Expecially those that hate Nylgut and prefere Fluocarbon strings.
Grazie
Mimmo Italy

may I, please, ask for a few volunteers ables to test these new sets in a indipendent way? I want 10 guys almost. Expecially those that hate Nylgut and prefere Fluocarbon strings.
Grazie
Mimmo Italy

Last edited:
I would be happy to volunteer. In fact, I just purchased flourocarbons to switch out from all my regular Aquila strings, but I am happy to test out the new stuff.

What do I need to do?

I'm in. You providing the strings? I have flurocarbons on all my ukes at the moment. I did see some info around here and on the web about strings breaking in the new red sets. I'll try anything once.

Last edited:
I would love to participate in this.

I was planning on changing the strings on my Tenor Koa Fluke from regular Aquila's to Martin flourocarbons this weekend. I'm also planning to replace the stock strings on my new Flea to a set of Martin's as well.

Scooter

I'd like to do this. How would I get involved?

PM sent - thanks for the opportunity to volunteer for this.

-Kurt​

!!! They are 10 now. Please stop.
Thank you VERY much
To the other guys: I am sorry. I cannot give more sets for these test.
10 Volkunteers are the right number.
Again: thank you very much
BTW: these reds are nothing to do with the Red Series for Low G tuning. The copper quantity is lower so they are robust and hard like fluocarbon strings
I will send out the samples right mid next week
Mimmo

Oh well...I still have 2 originals that I didn't want to use as I heard of them breaking! I hope this new set is better!

Aloha Danny,
I still the original reds that Mimmo gave me to test and it is on the Pohaku and it sounds great and alot better than the wound strings...fo shua have not had Any problems with them

Hello guys,
thanbk you VERY much
I have now 11 volunteers.
the sets I wil, send them are all high g tuning, not low G because this kind of set is a new invention and I would like to hear by you, guys, yoiur opinion. The sound is very bright and powerful, maybe some nylon lovers will hate it, maybe not. I will deeply consider all your opinions.
Timing: I need almost 7 days to arange the sets
Grazie mille
Mimmo

Hello,,,
the Red Series sets are on the way.
We sent out all the sets to the volunteers right this morning.

be patient a few days.
please remember to stretch each strings by hands just after the installation. To too much please. After a few minutes they develope the best sound. Strangely just after the installation they are dull, after stretching they quikly came out brighter and powerful . Mimmo

Can the strings be stretched by hand first before installing them. The reason I ask is because some tuner posts are very small and do not allow for a lot of string windings especially if they stretch too much.

Last edited:
never mind, they do not stretch too much More or less it is like the new nylgut version. It stretch less than the old nylgut with a raf surface. After the installation you stetch each string in a gentle way and repeat the operation three, 4 times since they stop to stretch. the sound at the begginning is nothing of special but after a couple of minutes the strings start to became brighter and powerful. I am thinking that maybe thay are excellent on 5 string banjo also. The uke became similar to a resonator uke. I do not thing that these strings are for ever: they are agressive, metal sound and well define spund. nothing of sweet hjere. No serenate under the moon with them. Heavy metal, jazz etc it is ok.
the last world to you, guys. If they are ok we will produce them, if they are not ok.....bye bye.
Mimmo

It's very nice and appreciated that you are developing new string technology and asking for feedback from the forum. May all your endeavors blossom.

Top Bottom