Eleuke anywhere

brianxshin

Reaction score
Man i telll u eleuke must be inhigh demands but everywhere all out of stock especially tue jazz sunburt style bot the blue sl series from amazon i just wanted one cause it would be really quiet to play while wifes asleep question one can we put any uke strings in the eleuke and does it need a humidifer? Wish they can more eleukes shoot even in korea they are all ir mostly sold out

I think Eleuke is keeping a low profile while they sort out some quality control issues.
Hopefully they will show some new ukes at NAMM at the end of the month.
I'm waiting for a report from my spy at the NAMM show. I have been wanting a SL-T.

Bill

And boy do they need to sort out quality control....

Did you try Mim?

How about a Risa instead?

I nearly got one but I decided I didn't particularly want a solid uke just now.

Last edited:
Wow dat bad huh well i ordered my sl tenor blue color from amazon tootler i was thinkin about risa but didnt like the style i just like that mp3 headphone input on the eleuke if different brand had the same maybe i would of went for it

The issue we've had and other dealers is quality. Our only supplier for Eleuke in the US has had numerous issues with factory defects and has refused a number of stock orders from the factory.
Word has it that a new factory is on board and quality issues will be reduced.

Wow dat bad huh well i ordered my sl tenor blue color from amazon tootler i was thinkin about risa but didnt like the style i just like that mp3 headphone input on the eleuke if different brand had the same maybe i would of went for it

There are plenty of reasons to dig an Eleuke, but not the headphone out. It's really really bad. You could plug something better than stock earbuds in, and it won't matter, it can't power even low resistance, low power headphones. If you enjoy playing through headphones, get a Vox Amplug to use instead. One of those can actually drive headphones properly.

The blue is pretty. I have an older brown-gold sunburst. I don't play it as often as my acoustic (Mainland) but it's a nice uke. I think I got it before the problems.

And boy do they need to sort out quality control....
:agree: the peanut is the worst uke i have ever bought,would love to get rid of it, but i feel bad expecting someone to part with cash for it lol, but it comes in handy as a stand in cricket bat or canoe paddle

There were QC issues, BUT... I cant say much until I know for sure, but just know... there is really great things on the horizon! They were hoping to have something to show at NAMM. I am going to write my guy and see. But, as of now I know that everything is being addressed, some exciting things are happening...

but yes, I would say buyer beware of Amazon and other drop shippers. These really need to be quality controled. Peanuts are good when a lot of work is done on them, but they really have to have a good fret leveling and nut set up. They are a great practice uke for silent practice.

I bet when you hit the ball, it really sings! :D

:agree: the peanut is the worst uke i have ever bought,would love to get rid of it, but i feel bad expecting someone to part with cash for it lol, but it comes in handy as a stand in cricket bat or canoe paddle

I've been looking at Risa myself. I scratched Eleuke off my list last year when I kept reading about all of the QC issues. I"m in no hurry to purchase so if Mim says to just wait, I'll do that just to see what Eleuke comes out with. But, then again, my birthday is next week and I might just get trigger happy.:D

In the meantime why not look at a Risa?

Baz over at GotAUkulele.com has a great review of the Eleuke Peanut and a comparison of its sound compared to the Risa Uke-Solid stick.
http://www.gotaukulele.com/2012/11/eleuke-peanut-electric-ukulele-review.html

Bottom line: Risas are pricier but the tone is much more expressive and dynamic.

Last edited:
You know when it is good I will tell yall! I will be crowing! I am also the first to admit when something went amiss. And I will tell you honestly I think some good things might be coming down the pike, from what I hear. At least I hope! As soon as I know, I will pass it on for sure!

Trust Mim. I bought my Eleuke from her a few years ago and found her to be knowledgeable, friendly, and very helpful! If (when?) I buy another uke she will be my first stop in the search.

Top Bottom